how do you limp wrist it?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Brewster6514, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    OK, the other day i was shooting my P3 and i tried to see if i could get it to fail. i held it with only my trigger finger and my thumb as loose as i dared, and i could still empty the mag with no failures. am i doing something wrong? :D

2. crazylegs

crazylegs New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    [ch65279]I tried the same thing and it functioned perfectly. I will try and post the video.

3. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I have a question. Are your guns Fluffed & Buffed? Reason I ask is that I believe that polishing the mechanism & feed ramp allows the weapon to work even tho everything is not perfect.

4. crazylegs

crazylegs New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    [ch65279]My gun was replaced after a squib caused a Kaboom last month and KT may have done some polishing, but I have done nothing to it.

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I've done the trigger finger thumb too. I think I know how it is going to recoil and my finger hold is adjusted not to let the pistol "spin" about the trigger, but let it recoil back (more so than when using hand) If you can video crazylegs, that might show the same.

6. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    The best I can gather is to put your arm out in front of you at 20 degree angle from parallel to the ground and then completely relax your hand, thus making your wrist go limp. A word of caution to those who do this and dont expect to catch a boot in the head though.

;D

7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    It's not just your wrist that's involved, the elbow plays a role also. No matter how loose you hold it, if your hand provides enough backstop for the frame the gun will cycle. Usually if your elbow is locked the heel of your palm will provide enough support for the frame to cycle.

It's called limp-wristing but in reality most of the time the whole arm is folding allowing the frame to jump back under the load of the spring. In the case of very small framed people the whole shoulder can jump even if the elbow is locked and the person isn't big enough or braced enough to provide a proper recoil platform.

Take a look at this video if you want to learn to limp wrist but I'm not advocating you try it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE44BxvqNYk&feature=related[/ame]

8. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Some P3-ATs are more prone to limpwristing than others. Some won't malfunction no matter how hard you try, and others will malfunction very easily.

If you happen to have a really smooth gun :) and want to make it malfunction, try getting it really dirty and remove all vestiges of lubrication, then you might be able to make it malfunction by limpwristing.

Bobo

9. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    yes i did do a light F&B(polished feed ramp and very lightly smoothed rails), and the only lube i use on the gun is militec 1.

10. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Is there any difference between locked breech and blowback guns regarding being succeptable to limp wristing. I've been told that blowback guns are much more sensitive.

My initial thought is that there may be merit in this claim since in a locked breech gun the barrel will move back and tip down a bit to receive the next round. I'm by no means an expert, though. Any thoughts on this from the true gurus out there.

11. crazylegs

crazylegs New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    This was my attempt to limp wrist.

[​IMG]

12. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
    looked as limp as it could be, maybe even limper. Seemed to work. Verey nice Video.

13. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    That looks like a pretty good attempt.

The only thing I will say is it's hard to tell if there was quite as much backward travel of the entire gun the way the Block video demonstrated. It looks like the gun was rotating in your (quite loose) grip but maybe not quite the same as that (insanely scary) free floating grip in the Block video.

Thanks for the video by the way ... I feel the scale tilting toward the P3AT for my next KT purchase.

14. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I don't know. The gun was recoiling straight back against a rigid wrist, or so it appeared.  I didn't see the gun break your wrist.  You'll have to try harder.   ;)

15. crazylegs

crazylegs New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    :( Ok Iwill try agin next time and post agin. ;)

16. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I think your natural technique is too good. :-/

17. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Hmmm ... I looked up the definition of "technique" and it seems to imply some skill is involved. Based on that I think there would have to be some demonstrable level of limp wristing success before we can call it a technique. ;D ;D ;D

18. dgreer

dgreer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks for the video crazylegs. I think the very first shot in the video showed the most promise to give you trouble, then it looked like you tightened up a little.

If it didn't fte on that first shot you probably won't have any trouble with it.

Congrats!