Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my P11 for a while and now want to carry. I work on cars for a living so flexibility is a must. I also tuck my shirt so any ideas. I bought my kt used with a belt clip installed if that is an option.

·
Registered
840 Posts
fobus makes one for our p11. It's model number ktp11. I like it. It's outside the waistband. has passive retention so it wont fall out. it is comfortable. Down side it doesn't conceal very well without a cover or shirt covering it but is comfortable. They are cheap. I think I paid $20 for mine at academy when I was in Kansas last 4th of july.

·
Registered
840 Posts
alien gear makes a IWB holster. It's a full inside with adjusable cant position with belt hooks that go outside your belt. They are between 20-60. uncle mike's work. I can't remember which number fits mine. And of course remora makes one that fit different models

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wear it while working on cars? Not gonna happen easily. P11 is a great pistol but you might want to consider a P32 or P3AT if you want an easy to conceal pocket pistol. The P32 also disappears in an ankle holster. There is the DeSantis King Tuk or their Pocket Tuk holsters. These have an extended belt clip that allows your shirt to be tucked in over your pistol.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Don Hume 80-1 front pocket. Nicely finished semi-rigid thin leather holster. Very comfortable and conceals well in regular or loose jeans, cargo pants, work pants (like Dickies), or carpenter jeans. Only prints when sitting with upper leg not under a table or covered. Even so, I have never had a single person ask or notice it. In pants with extra pockets I carry a spare mag on the off side. With other pants I carry the spare mag in a flap top knife sheath.

P.S. I also use an IWB tuckable Alien among other options, but as an auto mechanic that is not a good option if you lay on a creeper or the floor.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
In my experience, AIWB (appendix IWB) carry with a P11 works well when tinkering on cars - hunched over, sitting inside, or crawling under them. But then again, I prefer AIWB carry by default with all of my carry guns anyway, sooooo ... take that note for whatever it may be worth. :)

When I carry my P11, I still tend to favor my Remora with the Sweat Shield option. Comfy, stays put while you do stuff, easy on and easy off, easy draw, affordable ... lots of good stuff. The rubberized outside will make you sweat a bit, but I have this issue just as much with kydex and leather holsters, too - only nylon doesn't seem to cause excess sweat, and most of those holsters are bleh.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just carry in my regular old 3:30-4 IWB when working on my own cars but I'm not doing it all day everyday. Depending on how quickly you want to access your pistol you might try a Smart Carry or one of the compression style undershirts. Being cheap I made my own using one of these and a $10 Walmart compression shirt. In my opinion a fully loaded P11 is right on the verge of being too heavy for this type of shirt carry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just sold my P11 as I had purchased a PF9 and like it better. I did carry each of them in a 5.11 tactical undershirt holster. Nice for real deep conceal but I couldn't stand the tightness of the shirt against my skin. Just ordered the Kangaroo carry so I'm giving that a try.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I carry my P11 in a Fobus hoster. It hides better than any other 9mm I have. It disappears under a tshirt. All my other guns push my shirt out or poke out the bottom.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
This may or my not help. I never handled a P-11 . I have a PF-9 .I have found all my 1911 compact holsters works great with the PF-9 Even my Miami classic type shoulder holster. This might open a new line of holsters for you all
Yes, and also true with the P-11 in most 1911 holsters. The slide and upper frame are very similar on the PF-9 and the P-11. Both fit well in many 1911 holsters.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I carry my P11 in a Fobus hoster. It hides better than any other 9mm I have. It disappears under a tshirt. All my other guns push my shirt out or poke out the bottom.
The fobus holds nice and tight to the body and it's comfortable. Best holster I have bought for my p11/p40. I have been looking for one for my glock 19 since the serpa is so big and bulky sits way far away from the body.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The Fobus for the P11 is the KT11

The Taurus PT111 is the TAM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wear it while working on cars? Not gonna happen easily. P11 is a great pistol but you might want to consider a P32 or P3AT if you want an easy to conceal pocket pistol. The P32 also disappears in an ankle holster. There is the DeSantis King Tuk or their Pocket Tuk holsters. These have an extended belt clip that allows your shirt to be tucked in over your pistol.
I agree! I've spent my whole life crawling over, under, and around cars, heavy trucks and construction equipment. I LOVE my P-11 but could never have carried it at work. Ankle holsters don't work well with work boots, plus when you're on a creeper the pants legs often ride up. The P32 or P3At are MUCH better choices for concealed when you are working. Less stopping power for sure, but much more concealable. You'll always have the smaller ones, while you'll be leaving the bigger one at home.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Repost in accessories

Tried appendix carry with belt clip, could not sit comfortably. Carrying around 4 o'clock felt best.

My question is does anyone with an alien cloak still have the belt clip attached, or does it have to be removed?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.