Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
5+1, then I have room to store all rounds in the magazine when I have to turn over weapon to security.

·
Registered
485 Posts
7+1 and an extra full mag (6 rounds).

I am totally shocked by how many people carry 5+1 :eek:

If "security" wants my weapon and all ammunition I will of course turn it over (if it be a legitimate request), but I see no reason to make it "more convenient" for them to keep all of my stuff together. If I "loan" them 14 rounds and my weapon then by God I am going to get back 14 rounds and my weapon.

Maybe I'm missing something. If I am, do tell. Otherwise, I am not handicapping my weapon system.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Since the 3AT is carried as a BUG or even a tertiary weapon nowadays, it's 7+1 in the pipe. Rarely do I carry mags for the BUG and almost never for a tertiary weapon.

On those rare occasions when the P3-AT is my ONLY carry (when concealment is a MUST) then it's 7+1 with a second mag of 7.

What's this turning a weapon over to security thing?

;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
6+1. I don't carry an extra mag. When I carry the P3AT its because of needing something small at the time. I also think it would be adequate in defending against 2 people which most of the time its usually just 1.

·
Registered
376 Posts
6+0 ;)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Ole Miss Mike said:
6+1. I don't carry an extra mag. When I carry the P3AT its because of needing something small at the time. I also think it would be adequate in defending against 2 people which most of the time its usually just 1.
Not directed at you Mike, but your post sparked my thoughts on it.  

I don't understand this line of thinking.  Carrying an extra magazine is not usually because I think I will need more than 6/7/8 shots.  Most of us (or at least I) carry because bad things happen.  And I want to be prepared when bad things happen.  One of those bad things is magazine jams or other failure.  I want to be prepared so I carry.  Whether my P3AT was my first, second or third line of defense, why would I not be prepared for a failure when an extra magazine is so small, so cheap and so easy to carry?

-Scott

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.