How did I do?? ~pic added

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JONNYROCKO, Oct 10, 2007.

1. JONNYROCKO

JONNYROCKO New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    [​IMG]

How did i do? I picked all that up for $200 from a friends dad. he said he has put maybe 80 rounds through it tops. it is way clean and i look forward to it. it is my first keltec, however i have had a sub2000 on back order with a local shop for 3 months now. thanks
    Rocko

2. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Re: How did I do??

Nice find...I'm jealous

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    HC with only 80 rounds through it, box of practice ammo, box of carry ammo and a Desantis (?) pocket holster ... well ... I'm also jealous!

You did real well.

4. Fantastic!

Now take the $150 you saved in upfront cost, get you several hundred rounds of WWB and a few boxes of Carbon DPX and go shoot that thing!

5. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Very nice ... looks like mine ... you sure it's not mine? :D

6. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      Well, it's a First Generation--So not the latest model. But $200 for a HC P3AT is not a bad deal. And you will never have to worry about slide peening.

If you don't have a manual, KT probably can still send you one free--Just tell them it's for a FG model. KT Service 1-800-515-9983. They won't ask you if you bought it new--And if you don't tell them they will probably still cover it under the lifetime warranty

When you field strip it, you will have to watch that two parts don't get away:

1. the ejector, part # 115
    2. the recoil spring catch.

Both of these parts will fall out.

Check the ejector when it is in its slot at left rear of the frame. It should be flush with the frame top. If it is TALLER than the frame top you should get the new replacement.

Packer.

7. JONNYROCKO

JONNYROCKO New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    how can you tell its a generation 1?

8. JONNYROCKO

JONNYROCKO New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    nevermind i found the tact post. so is that bad that it is a generation 1?

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    No there is nothing wrong with first gen pistols. They have a different extractor and can be a bit more ammo selective. Some folks actually prefer them as they are a tad bit lighter and I think, more asteticaly pleasing with the sculpted slide that is not flat on the top like those "G" word guns. That's a nice specimen and was a good deal. :cool:

There is a ton of KT info and particularly 1st gen info here:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/index.htm