How 'bout some pics......

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Bert, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotta snack ?

[​IMG]

2. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Collegiates & Other Pics

With work being very slow recently, I've had some time to do a little backpacking. Here's a few pics from a three day trip I took the week before last.  Trip was in the Collegiate Wilderness, outside of Buena Vista, CO.  Since everybody I know was working, I went solo with the dogs and a SP101.  Late Aug - mid Sep is my favorite time to pack, as the touristas are few and far between, and the weather is still pretty good.  Think I might squeeze one more trip in before the weather changes.

Mt. Yale
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Birthday Peak/Lake Kroenke
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hiking Buddies
    [​IMG]

3. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Re: Collegiates

Looks like a great trip with two good friends :)

4. cj5mrt

cj5mrt Active Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Winter Haven, FL
    Of the Great Outdoors.
    Got these pics last year off of my porch. He was out during the middle of the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have another big cat around but I can't get a pic of him.

Mike

5. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I was thinking Kudzu also, so somewhere in the southeast.  Here is me relearning how to drive in snow on I-64 heading for Richmond Virginia earlier this year.  With a 40,000lb load.

[​IMG]

And standing in Columbus, Ga during the last big snow of the winter.  This is the one that actually made it so we had snow on the ground in 49 states for the first time in recorded history.

[​IMG]

6. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I guess this guy might make an appetizer for your bobcat. Or maybe an after-dinner mint...

[​IMG]

I found this baby possum under a tree at a fishing event earlier in the year. I assume he had fallen from his mama the night before. I picked him up and he started trying to do the huffing thing. He crawled all over me and I felt bad leaving him behind because I knew he was going to be snake food. He was an ugly little cute thing. :'(

7. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Fall in KTOG land: Rocky Mountain Region

Here's a few more pics from off the beaten path.  Everything was taken from various trails in the Mt. Evans and Indian Peaks Wilderness areas over the last couple weeks.

Lake Isabelle w/ Navajo and Shoshoni Peaks above
    [​IMG]

Same place 10 minutes later
    [​IMG]

Mt. Evans
    [​IMG]

Longs Peak
    [​IMG]

Chinns Lake
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rtg

rtg New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    How about a little Green

[​IMG]

9. Goldtanker

Goldtanker New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    From the back yard, a couple of days ago.

[​IMG]

10. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1291847285]This Thread[/link]

11. Glockmeister

Glockmeister New Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Texas/DFW