Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Collegiates & Other Pics

With work being very slow recently, I've had some time to do a little backpacking. Here's a few pics from a three day trip I took the week before last.  Trip was in the Collegiate Wilderness, outside of Buena Vista, CO.  Since everybody I know was working, I went solo with the dogs and a SP101.  Late Aug - mid Sep is my favorite time to pack, as the touristas are few and far between, and the weather is still pretty good.  Think I might squeeze one more trip in before the weather changes.

Mt. Yale

Birthday Peak/Lake Kroenke

Hiking Buddies

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Re: Collegiates

Looks like a great trip with two good friends :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Of the Great Outdoors.
Got these pics last year off of my porch. He was out during the middle of the day.

We have another big cat around but I can't get a pic of him.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
I was thinking Kudzu also, so somewhere in the southeast.  Here is me relearning how to drive in snow on I-64 heading for Richmond Virginia earlier this year.  With a 40,000lb load.

And standing in Columbus, Ga during the last big snow of the winter.  This is the one that actually made it so we had snow on the ground in 49 states for the first time in recorded history.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I guess this guy might make an appetizer for your bobcat. Or maybe an after-dinner mint...

I found this baby possum under a tree at a fishing event earlier in the year. I assume he had fallen from his mama the night before. I picked him up and he started trying to do the huffing thing. He crawled all over me and I felt bad leaving him behind because I knew he was going to be snake food. He was an ugly little cute thing. :'(

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Fall in KTOG land: Rocky Mountain Region

Here's a few more pics from off the beaten path.  Everything was taken from various trails in the Mt. Evans and Indian Peaks Wilderness areas over the last couple weeks.

Lake Isabelle w/ Navajo and Shoshoni Peaks above

Same place 10 minutes later

Mt. Evans

Longs Peak

Chinns Lake

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1291847285]This Thread[/link]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts