How Bad is the Stock Trigger

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by p3at, Dec 8, 2019.

1. mrwug

mrwug Member

Jul 18, 2020
    Just fired my Sub2K for the first time yesterday. Trigger pull is pretty bad. Felt like the trigger was traveling forever before finally going bang. After some dry fire, I didn't think I'd spend the money to upgrade the trigger. Now I'm thinking it'll probably be a Christmas present to myself.

Don't get me wrong, if you're just looking for a truck gun, the trigger's fine. You pull it and the thing goes bang, sending a projectile at the point of aim. It's just a long way to get to the bang and not necessarily where you think it's gonna happen. I think I'll enjoy the thing even more after I do the trigger.

2. DDubya

DDubya Member

Jul 2, 2020
    Mine averages around 8#. Got the Carbo kit, but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

3. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    Mine was pretty bad, but I also acknowledge the fact that I'm a trigger snob. I change most triggers in my guns. However, after a bunch of dry firing and shooting a match with the stock trigger it actually got pretty good. To the point where I was considering not installing the MCarbo parts that I already had in hand. I installed them anyway.

Tip: don't just install one set of parts. If you have the intention to change out a number of internal parts have ALL of them in hand and do it all at the same time. Trust me on this, opening and closing the sub2k is not the most pleasant thing you'll do and you only want to do it once.

Jimmy Hoffa likes this.
  4. mrwug

mrwug Member

Jul 18, 2020
    Having watched the disassembly video, I'm inclined to agree. Looking at doing the full monty just to avoid having to open it up a second time.

5. Blackkat

Blackkat Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2020
    My sub trigger pull does not bother me at all . I kinda like some what of a heavy trigger. I fell safer with it giving my personalized handling of most firearms.

Jimmy Hoffa likes this.
  6. jonnin

jonnin Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    I am kind of picky about my triggers -- I want a small movement @ a light touch = bang on my guns. That said I have shot a lot of subs (many of them from members here) and the trigger is fine. Its got a fair bit of takeup but its not really very heavy. Takeup can usually be fixed up to the point where it interferes with reset, usually for minimal effort. Its better than most of the DA/SA pistols I liked when I was a lot younger and my hands were a lot better. Its a lot worse than my SAO pistols. For whatever that is worth to you.

7. Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Orlando
    I enjoy modifying and improving everything except a self defense firearm. Having a Sub 2K for the range would be great but I bought mine for protection. I follow Massad Ayoob's advice.

Actually, I'm pretty accurate with it stock. If the trigger is so bad on a self-defense firearm that it needs modification I will buy another gun that comes with a satisfactory trigger.

Don't get me wrong, I have range toys that I love. Maybe I should have 2 Sub 2K's - one for fun and one for....

8. Andrew Shaw

Andrew Shaw Member

Aug 16, 2020
    The trigger and the feed ramp are what most folks do to really get it firing on all cylinders.