Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, was cleaning my PF today and noticed a little rust forming on a rear pin, due to carrying on the belt clip.

So, I drove the pin out and got the rust off, oiled it back up and went to install.

The pin hole is now filled.

The pin I removed is directly below the C in Tec on the left dude of the firearm.

Anyone have any tricks to getting this pin back in?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Since the three main pins holding the frame in the grip are polymer (so not subject to rust), the other rear pin is the axis pin for the hammer block. By removing the pin, the hammer block (and its spring) are likely now completely non-functional. The only way to "fix" this, will be to remove the frame from the grip and then re-install the hammer block and spring so that you can reinsert the pin (this is in the grip, not the frame) It is fairly tricky to get the hammer block in place with the spring acting properly. Check out the instructions and illustrations of this part in the sticky on maintaining and assembly of the PF-9 for help on this.

Jim R

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Ouch... That's definitely the Hammer Block pin. The one pin you shouldn't have messed with.
You need to remove the Frame from the Grip to get that back in properly.

Check the 'Diassembly and Repair" thread for Step-by-Steps.

Here's also a video: http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242358

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
where's that video of putting back together,,, I missed it.
Check the sticky at the top of the PF-9 forum, called "PF-9 Disassembly and Repair"

Jim R

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
look at the bright side you will get to know your firearm :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys.

It was actually very easy to get back together. ;)

Now I'm familiar with the inner PF. ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
BellyUpFish said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

It was actually very easy to get back together. ;)

Now I'm familiar with the inner PF. ;)
Positive outcome to a potentially negative situation. Made possible by your willingness to ask for help, and awesome resources on the net. Both human and technological. How did we survive before the internet?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Positive outcome to a potentially negative situation. Made possible by your willingness to ask for help, and awesome resources on the net. Both human and technological. How did we survive before the internet?
Works well when we all play nice. Forums should be that way and this is one of the best.:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

That's a good question.. I've done so much in my life that I would have never done without the help of the internet.

I'm currently studying with some training in a new career I just "took on" and am amazed at the level of info out there.. I study via YouTube. If I would have had this in high school and college, wow.. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think of this daily. I know I don't want to go back to being ignorant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts