How about some deer pics from past hunts...

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by burley, Aug 1, 2010.

1. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Post up some of your pics of past hunts from you or friends and family;

A nice 8 pt I took in a tree stand a few years ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My dad with his 13pt and my nephew who got to help drag it out a 1/2 mile, hey lesson learned, shoot em closer to the road *:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dad back from a trip to Colorado back in 1960(?) His brother was on that trip an got to see him harvest it. Was his best rack for 25 or so years;

[​IMG]

I'll add some more later, now lets see what ya got

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Well, I've only got one so far, but I hang all my trophies in the freezer. ;D If I have the choice between a nice rack and a young deer, I'll shoot the tender one. I'm not even bringing a rifle to the woods this year for deer. I might bring my Henry for squirrel, but deer are hand gun fodder from here on out. My first deer I shot at was with my s&w .44 mag and I green pea'ed it big time. Looking at the deer, not my front site and missed it. Five times. ::) I have to bloody that gun then get that Thompson barking. What, 4 more months?

Any of you bow or black powder hunt?

3. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    [​IMG]

The latest and largest buck I've harvested its from archery season last year.

I was sitting watching the direction I thought the deer would come from, of course he came in from were I wasn't watching all the time. I turned my head as far to the right I could, he was standing about 30 yards away. I moved as slowly as I could with my heart pounding in my ears. I managed to get turned far enough that I could shoot by contorting my upper body like I was in a bad game of twister.

After pulling the trigger, I was rewarded with the "Thunk" of the arrow hitting home. I grabbed the bino's and watched him go down about 100 yards away. I watched for a couple of minutes then headed over to him. It was getting dark or I'd have waited longer.

By the time he was field dressed, it was dark, I wasn't very far from the road as I was sitting I could here cars going by and catch a glimpse of the light colored one once in a while. I started the drag making sure I didn't go downhill away from the truck. It seemed like it was taking a long time to get back to the truck and I was going through a lot of think stuff and downed trees. I could see a opening in the canopy of the trees that I thought was the road, when I got to the opening it was the corn field. I had been sitting along side a corn field but shouldn't have come to it on the drag back to the truck. I left the deer at the edge of the field while I walked along the field to figure out where I was.

Turned out that I kept over compensating for not wanting to go downhill. I had ended up making a left turn and dragging through the thickest stuff around.

4. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Both, I really want to make a harvest with my 50 cal flintlock pistol. I came close last year.

I was out in the early season, I had a doe 65 yards away feeding towards me on a old logging road that would bring her past me at about 20 yards. Once again the dear was off to the side, but I only had to turn slightly and had some cover to hide the movement. I just got turned when my cell phone rang. I hit the button to shut it up and looked at the deer, she was looking around nervously, then went back to browsing, then the cell made more noise, whoever had called left a voice mail. That was enough for the doe she turned and walked up the hill.

My fault for forgetting to turn the phone to vibrate. I looked at he missed call, it was my Mom and Dad's number. Since the deer was already gone I called voice mail. It was my Mom calling to wish me a Happy Birthday.

It was an exciting couple of minutes when I thought I was going to get a shot.

5. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005
    Here's a few I shot several years back! They are right in my backyard when i shot these. ;D I "shot" these with a 1.5 mega pixel tree cam, not a firearm mind ya! ;D I haven't hunted in years, but enjoy shooting them with a camera instead. I hope thats OK with you Burley!

I named this big boy "Rock"!
    [​IMG]

Here's one of him in Velvet!
    [​IMG]

A little spike hanging out.
    [​IMG]

Maybe one day now I have the Varmitnator AR built I might try and take a deer with it one day.

Bam Bam

6. Bear76

Bear76 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Kansas
    Here's my first deer. I thought it was a little doe, turned out to be a button buck. This picture sucks because I had to take it of myself because Ryan was at work.

[​IMG]

7. scamp_daddy

scamp_daddy New Member

Jan 6, 2007
     Just a few pic's.
    300 WSM
    [​IMG]
        AR .223
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    7.7 Japonese
    [​IMG]
    G22 .40 S&W
    [​IMG]
    .40 S&W "Sub-inch Subbie"
    [​IMG]

8. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    my best ever, got him with my Remington muzzleloader.
    [​IMG]

24/47 yugo mauser
    [​IMG]

91/30 mosin nagant 230+ yds.
    [​IMG]

K31 swiss
    [​IMG]

9. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    one of my wife's bucks.
    [​IMG]