Houge Grip Size

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Curt32, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Hi placing an order and decided to get one of those Houge grips. What size will fit the P3AT, I was thinking the Jr but thought I better check first. Thanks

Tom j

2. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    The Hogue Handall Jr. fits the P3AT, but I'd seriously consider going to www.ktaddons.com and check out sprinter1's stuff first. The Hogue has a tendency to twist on my P3AT.

3. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Thanks I'll take a look, anybody else notice this problem.

tom j

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    For the few minutes I had it on it slipped around. And then when I realized that I could not choose where my finger fit on the already small grip I realized what a bad idea the Hogue was, at least for me. Sprinter's grips and pads on the other hand will make your pistol feel like it belongs in your hands.

-Scott

5. djsdad

djsdad New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I have noticed the Hogue grip slip just a little. I put a drop of super glue under the edges and haven't had the problem since. I like the Hogue grips on mine, but you do have to cut it to fit correctly.

If I had to do it all over again I'd go with the other grips at ktaddons.

6. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    +1 on Sprinter's grip cover, and also his energy absorbing pads. Couple Sprinter's stuff with a Bersa finger extension and the p3at feels real good in my hand.

GoVols

7. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL

oh yeah, you'll have to cut the hogue to fit the grip on the p3 or else it gets in the way of the mag release.

8. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    +1 on Sprinter's grip cover, and also his energy absorbing pads. Couple Sprinter's stuff with a Bersa finger extension and the p3at feels  real good in my hand.

GoVols[/quote]

Thanks that's my next move I think the Bersa finger extention do you find it long enough, and when you call bersa what do you ask for they make a lot of guns. Do the Sprinter grip covers have a better fit and do they also require triming.

Tom j

9. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    +1 on Sprinter's grip cover, and also his energy absorbing pads. Couple Sprinter's stuff with a Bersa finger extension and the p3at feels real good in my hand.

GoVols[/quote]

Thanks that's my next move I think the Bersa finger extention do you find it long enough, and when you call bersa what do you ask for they make a lot of guns. Do the Sprinter grip covers have a better fit and do they also require triming.

Tom j[/quote]

They were made just for the P3-AT and do not require any cutting.

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Houge Jr. grip was just OK on my P3AT. Installed upside down it was comfortable enough and though it would slip my Bersa finger extion mittigated the slipage somewhat. Switched to Sprinter's pads (got two sets and installed one set) and grip and have not looked back. Got my 2nd P3AT this past Saturday and already have a Sprinter grip on order. Only wish the grip didn't look so much like a bike inner tube.

Take care...

11. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I can't justify the costs for the amount sold to make individual molds, but at least my extrusions now are textured ;)

12. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007

GoVols[/quote]

Tom j[/quote]

Try this link to see the Bersa finger extension that I bought (although I would try to find the Bersa Finger extension @ your Local Gun Shop before ordering online - the part is $7.00 and the shipping is $6.99 - way too much in my opinion)...the Sprinter grip covers do not require any trimming - and they are a great add on to the p3at - they fit perfectly. Also, try Sprinter's energy absorbing grip pads underneath the grip cover - another nice add on for the p3at.

GoVols

13. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    [/quote]I can't justify the costs for the amount sold to make individual molds, but at least my extrusions now are textured ;)[/quote]

Sprinter,

By "molds" do you mean something that would result in finger grooves like with Houge? Don't need or necessarily want that. What do you mean by textured? Believe I put my oder in Monday, will I be recieving a "textured" grip :cool:?

Thanks...

14. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Quote: Only wish the grip didn't look so much like a bike inner tube

That's what I was noticing not very attractive does it really improve your grip and do you miss the finger grove like on the Houge. Thanks

Tom j

15. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I can't justify the costs for the amount sold to make individual molds, but at least my extrusions now are textured ;)[/quote]

Sprinter,

By "molds" do you mean something that would result in finger grooves like with Houge? Don't need or necessarily want that. What do you mean by textured? Believe I put my oder in Monday, will I be recieving a "textured" grip :cool:?

Thanks...[/quote]

All of the Grip Covers since around the first of year is textured.

16. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Quote: Only wish the grip didn't look so much like a bike inner tube

That's what I was noticing not very attractive does it really improve your grip and do you miss the finger grove like on the Houge. Thanks

Tom j

[/quote]

Tom,

Yes, I believe the grip improves, especially with the addition of the grip pads, both the control and comfort of shooting the P3AT. I personally do not miss the finger grooves of the Houge though I had no particular problem with them. Grips and how they feel really differ from shooter to shooter. The grip one shooter loves will be hated by another. Notice how more and more semi-autos are coming out with swapable backstraps? Didn't Glock, on at least some of their models, stop making the grips with finger grooves? My suggestion to you, unless you're really impoverished, is to get several grips and give them all a try. I've only tried the Houge Handall Jr. and Sprinter's; I prefer Sprinter's.

Take care...

17. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    No I'm far from impoverished  ;) probably will try a couple guess I'll try one on at the local gun shop if I don't like it I can give it back. Thanks

Tom j

18. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Say guys what about the Pachmayr slip on grip, I believe #4. Do they fit better then the Houge? I understand the Houge slip around, how about the Pachmayr do they give a secure fit. Thanks

Tom j