Horrible Tech Support!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by milo77us, Oct 7, 2007.

1. milo77us

milo77us New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Kel Tec has some of the worst tech support ever! I haven't been able to use my gun since the first time I fired it over 8 months ago. First time on range at about the 100 mark, one of my glide rod springs shoots out the front of the gun. I call Kel Tec and am told that I have to buy new componants. I have to buy a new spring, and now a new slide because the peening is so bad... It's been 8 months, and Kel Tec will still not give in on replacing my damn slide. At this point I am so disgusted I am about to throw my gun in the garbage and wipe my hands of Kel Tec and their rotten tech support!

2. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    sorry to here your having issue with kt...this is not the norm....if you truly want to rid your self, i would give it a good home...most issues are done in a couple of weeks....what is the whole story...gpr

3. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    relax breath , it will all be ok do not give up on your kel-tec. They will make it ok.

Dan

4. jocko

jocko Guest

I just have a very hard time believing this :-/ :-/ Not to many on this board have had the issues that I have had with kt product.s  17 times back for all 3 of my minis and never once has kt ever charged me for any replacement parts. Mind u 17times is 16 to many but the point is they did take care of it and your slide peening is a no-brainer, They will take care of it, as this has been an issue and no one on this forum has ever had any problems with slide replacement when peening occured. There is more to this IMO. By the way I had 4 slides and all were replaced (3 for peening and one for cracking) NO CHARGE.. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. :-X

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Are you asking them to send you new parts or did you send your P3AT back to KT? Are they sending it back with a slide so bad the inner spring gets lost?

KT did offer for a very short period there, that if you bought the new slide, then you could send the old one back and get a refund. But they stopped doing that, some say becuase of the cost incurred with the credit card, but It never made sense to me in the first place. If the gun won't shoot, what is the objection to sending it back to KT for repair.

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i call shenanigans. no one here besides jocko has sent more back than me....and they always replaced the slide....never once a complaint or problem. there is more here than someone is saying......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenanigan

7. jocko

jocko Guest

darn RJ, "shenanigans"  a very big word for us  lowly little kt-ogers.  How about maybe just "pure b. s. " instead :-X :-X forgot about the over 23 times you have sent your kt's back.  kinda puts my 17 to shame.. :(

U always did outdue me on darn near everything  23 vs 17,times back to the mothership:   1250 flawless uncleaned rounds vs 1249 flawless uncleaned rounds. U own more guns than I can even count; You have more ailments than I do ::) ::) ::) just take care ol friend :-*

8. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i give up on the ailments

you know you won the round count, I sent you the trophy.

and well, ya gotta own what you gotta own. i just collect lots of 3d pictures.

;)

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    and the only reason I had more trips back than you were those 2 pf-9's i owned.....the only handguns I have EVER sold.

they pushed me over the top.

::)

10. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Come on!  Get your story straight.  That's not what you said in your range report entitled "Happy Owner"...

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1163463441/0#0

Now...  to get the slide replaced, HELLO! ...  You HAVE to send it back to the factory.  Obviously, you have not done this or it would have been replaced 8 months ago. Turn around time is usually about 3 weeks.  While, unlike most gun manufacturers, they will send you many replacement parts for free, they are not going to just send you a major component like a new slide at your request.  You must return it for service and there is NO WAY they have refused to service your gun (period).  By most all accounts here, Kel-tec has some of the best warranty service in the business and it lasts for the life of the gun.  But duh...  you have to send it in.

P.S.  Sorry if I seem a bit short on patience, but since you obviously haven't returned the gun for service, this is totally rediculous and your title to this thread is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. ::)  

11. jocko

jocko Guest

tx, u could have probably made your post much shorter by just saying this guy is full of B. S. :-X

12. milo77us

milo77us New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Fine, I will call kt again on Monday. The reason that this has taken soooo long is because I was in the middle of moving a while ago. I will pay the outrageous shipping and return shipping charges and see what happens this time.

13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Outrageous shipping charge?  I have only sent a couple of guns back anywhere but it always costs me about $8.00.  Check out some of the threads regarding shipping-or you can just pb&m some more.

Just out of curiosity, did you buy this baby new or used?  I only ask because KT normally does not care, but if you went to them with the same attitude that came across on your first post in this thread they may very well have chosen to exercise their right to refuse service to you if you were not the original owner. A positive/polite attitude really does go a long way towards getting good service.

-Scott

14. jocko

jocko Guest

if ur slide is bad, allu have to do is send the slide in to them. nothing else is needed. U can even do that through our good ol U.S. postal system for about $4. You will get a new slide back very fast.

15. Dan-O

Dan-O Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Kansas
    They always pay the shipping back. :p

16. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'd hardly say that constitues "Horrible Tech Support" on the part of Kel-tec.

Nor does Kel-tec control what anyone charges to ship a gun.

What do you mean, "this time"?  You haven't ever sent it in for repair.  

"What we got here is... failure to communicate".
    Captain, Road Prison 38;  Cool Hand Luke

Good luck!   :-/

17. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      Just wondering (If you are legitimate) if you talked to SERVICE when you called KT. If you talk to PARTS--Well Selling parts and charging shipping is what they DO. You must talk to Service for warranty work or parts. If you mail them a shipping receipt, KT has been known to reimburse up to $20 of shipping.

Packer.

18. Look if you read the post before you bought etc., as you claim, you know you did not bu a Glock, nor did you pay $00.00 to $700.00 for this hand gun.

For the price you pay, you get a great hand gun, that may need some TLC and trips home before it works great.

I did my research before I bought. So I have not been shocked or ****ed that I have had to send it back 3 times (not the norm, but not unheard of).

Everytime I have goten a "report" on what was done to it. And everytime they replaced the slide, and did other work.

On sending it in, they have always told me 4 to 6 weks to turn it around. In reality it has never been longer then 3 weeks from sdending to recieving.

The first time I paid the FN $40.00 or so bucks to UPS to ship a hand gun. After that I shipped for under $5.00, though the post office. I feild striped it, and sent it to them in peaces, and called it what it was, desasembled and none fuctioning machine parts.

I have only been misslead by customer service one time. The last time I sent it in, 7 days after I mailed it, I called into them to check if they had gotten to it yet. I was told no and to give it another few weeks. I was delived to my home 1 hour later. THOSE DAM &^$%*(& lied to me! They realy fixed it and returned it to me in about one week.

I have not been abilt to really give it a complet testing (300 rounds in one range trip), but it did great for just under 100 rounds of mixed ammo, though 3 clips, with no cleaning, and mostly rapped fire. Worked like a charm. Perfect. Before I could never get more then about 25 rounds without a jam of some kind.

I know others have said this, but I will also say it, I will be happy to buy the gun from you.

19. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Just to clarify so we all don't get in trouble. You can do this (the post office and pieces) AS LONG AS YOUR PIECES DO NOT CONTAIN THE FRAME - the aluminum piece with the serial number on it. Shipping this piece via the post office is an absolute no-no and will get you in serious trouble. Only FFL's may ship through the USPS.

That said, you may ship any and all pieces via UPS or FedEx just as you described, without notifying them what you are shipping, without breaking any laws. You might be violating UPS or FedEx's rules, but not law. FFLs actually have different requirements for shipping UPS or FedEx that, depending on how you look at them may or may not be more strict than a non-FFL shipping via these methods.

-Scott