Hornady TAP FPD 380acp

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TxCajun, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    FYI:

Is this a new loading in 380, a Cabellas exclusive?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...pe=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Interesting. Will have to look into this...

John

3. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Backordered in any event. Dang!

I'm running pretty low on 380 ammo these days and can't find it for sale anywhere. I hope the situation changes soon.

4. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Interesting how 9 mm used to be the LEAST expensive, but with this stuff it's the MOST expensive!
    Either way, $21 plus shipping for 25 rounds of .380 is still very pricey!

Bobo

Sorry, I just noticed I was wrong about the price - the .40 and .45 rounds come with only 20 to a box - that's a new trick (with ammo not other stuff) to make you think the price is lower than it really is!!!! Pretty sleazy.... :(

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It's pretty common for high dollar SD ammo to come in boxes of 20, sometimes 25.  I did notice that the 380 was in boxes of 25 making it cheaper than some of the competitors.  When I found the link it was not backordered.  :-/

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen or tried this particular round in 380 or if it was brand new.

6. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I bought a box of this several months ago when I was making an order and noticed Cabela's had it in stock. My thoughts? Spend $5 more and get a box of 50 Fiocchi Extrema in .380. The TAP seems to be a basic XTP bullet; both the Hornady and the Fiocchi were comparable when fired into water jugs; they opened so you couldn't even tell the difference between the two.

[​IMG]

Both bullets look alike; there is is SLIGHT difference in the overall shape of the hollow point, but both come out looking like this:
    [​IMG]

The TAP pictured above is on my display shelf at my office, otherwise I would take a picture of the two side-by-side.