Hornady TAP FPD 380acp

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TxCajun, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    FYI:

Is this a new loading in 380, a Cabellas exclusive?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...pe=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Interesting. Will have to look into this...

John

3. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Backordered in any event. Dang!

I'm running pretty low on 380 ammo these days and can't find it for sale anywhere. I hope the situation changes soon.

4. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Interesting how 9 mm used to be the LEAST expensive, but with this stuff it's the MOST expensive!
    Either way, $21 plus shipping for 25 rounds of .380 is still very pricey!

Bobo

Sorry, I just noticed I was wrong about the price - the .40 and .45 rounds come with only 20 to a box - that's a new trick (with ammo not other stuff) to make you think the price is lower than it really is!!!! Pretty sleazy.... :(

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It's pretty common for high dollar SD ammo to come in boxes of 20, sometimes 25.  I did notice that the 380 was in boxes of 25 making it cheaper than some of the competitors.  When I found the link it was not backordered.  :-/

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen or tried this particular round in 380 or if it was brand new.

6. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I bought a box of this several months ago when I was making an order and noticed Cabela's had it in stock. My thoughts? Spend $5 more and get a box of 50 Fiocchi Extrema in .380. The TAP seems to be a basic XTP bullet; both the Hornady and the Fiocchi were comparable when fired into water jugs; they opened so you couldn't even tell the difference between the two.

[​IMG]

Both bullets look alike; there is is SLIGHT difference in the overall shape of the hollow point, but both come out looking like this:
    [​IMG]

The TAP pictured above is on my display shelf at my office, otherwise I would take a picture of the two side-by-side.