Hornady Critical Defense

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by diamond_jim, Jan 2, 2009.

1. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Finally got to the range, shot up 2 boxes, (50) rds, in my favorite carry and narry a dought. Ate'em like candy, and wanted more. The 2 yr. old P3AT, has eaten everything I've fed it. Will probably use Hornady Critical Defense exclusively now, but still have a box of Golden Sabres, may use them in the summer time, when lots of cloths and coats will not challenge them. This little weapon has never had a hick-up, probably 700 rds app. Don't leave home without it. Trust it with my life. Jim <><

2. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    So where did you find the Hornadys?  Are they available somewhere online?

Ed

3. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Ordered them through a friend with a gun shop in NW Ohio, his supplier had a large supply, but don't know the suppliers name. I'd try ordering from a dealer though, don't know when the BIG's like Wal-Mart will have them. Jim <><

4. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
  5. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    The Hornady Critical Defense is now my carry round.  I've only shot about 10 rounds of it through my KT because I only bought one box of it, but I'm very confident that it will be extremely dependable.

6. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    the website above doesnt say what is and isnt in stock. I will have to call them 2morrow. I dont way to buy something that is backordered for 2 months. Have you noticed how there is no 380 SD ammo anywhere .

7. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
  8. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I've had my 4 boxes of 380's for a month, just hadn't tried them, I also ordered 2 boxes of 38 spl. at the same time, and they are still on backorder, from the same distributer that sent the 380's. I've got plenty of 38 spl+p (Corbon & golden Sabres) for the Taurus 85, but want the 38 spl for the Mod K, S&W, don't like to put +p's in it. But the only thing I carry 98% of the time is the P3AT. They should keep me stocked for a long time. Jim <><

9. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
  10. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    DJ

A gun shop in NW Ohio? This is my neighborhood. I would also be interested in ordering some!

Craig

11. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    If you see it on their site, its in stock.

12. rpm

rpm New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Cabela's is also carrying this (Hornady .380 TAP with the "black" nickle casings). Evil looking round.

Pushed a box through my 3AT and the new LCP with no glitches. I like it.

13. Drivebytrucker

Nov 22, 2008
    +1 to toddmogg

If it is shown on the website, that means that it is in stock. Just bought 3 boxes. If you live in a different state, do you still pay taxes if purchased online? Normally you dont, but didnt know about ammo. Since ammtogo is in Texas like I am, I did have to pay tax. They seem to have alot in stock and selection, compared to other online stores right now.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

14. rpm

rpm New Member

Nov 26, 2007
  15. Drivebytrucker

Nov 22, 2008
  16. rpm

rpm New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I have not tried it yet, but will definitely investigate.

Of course, I always hit 'em right between the eyes so there is no clothing to clog the bullet ;)

17. crzbiker

crzbiker New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    "Have you noticed how there is no 380 SD ammo anywhere?"

I usually go to wally world for my .380 ammo. NONE of the stores near( four of tehm) me had any .380, .38 spcl or 9mm ammo. The managers told me that their warehouse was out of stock and they had never experianced such sales of pistol ammo. I guess most people are stocking up before the Obamanation occurs. ;)