Hornady critical defense ran without a hitch..

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Drivebytrucker, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I ran 2 boxes of critical defense thru the p3at today. Im glad to say that I have found my carry ammo without having to spend alot cash trying different loads. The gun ran flawless. I need to find out what to do about the empty rounds getting thrown straight back in my face when I shoot from the hip using the laser.

2. Kel007

Kel007 New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Where did you get the ammo from? All places I've hit locally are out of .380

3. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I have bought WWB at Walmart and Meiers recently. I also picked up some Critical Defense at the Lima gun show last weekend. Here in Ohio I am still able to feed my P3AT regularly!

Craig

4. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I ordered 6 boxes of Critical Defense from Ammunition to Go and they just arrived yesterday.  I just checked their site and they still list it although they are now out of all FMJ 380 ammo which I also got in my order.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/380-auto-hollow-point-ammo

Ed

5. ctlover

ctlover New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Great news. I have read a lot of the tests and seen the videos on the Critical Defense ammo and I am glad the P3 likes them. I, too, have had a possitive experience with the CD ammo and am now using it as my primary carry ammo.

6. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I've heard nothing but good about this round and after reading Apiarian's thread about his chrono tests and Golden Sabres it may be time to switch. Have not found any locally though.

7. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Double check his thread about GS, they were not Rem, but a out of business copy, using 102 gr. bullets. At least that is how I read it. Jim <><

8. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I just saw that but it doesn't make me feel much better. 765 fps and 133 ft lbs isn't a great improvement. I guess you have to expect that with a 2 3/4 inch barrel.  :-/

9. fastcarsgofast

fastcarsgofast New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Great to hear that that they fed reliably. I'll have to try some.

10. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Which vendor had the Critical Defense? It was so dogone crowded it was hard to see everything. I'd like to know where to look at the next show.

11. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Say you guys feel ten inches is sufficient penetration thinking about trying these myself. I know this isn't a 45 but the Federal Hyra Shoks are suppose to get 12 inches see link below. Whata' you think. :-/

Tom j.

http://www.brassfetcher.com/380acp%2090gr%20Federal%20Hydra-Shok%20(light%20clothing).html

12. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Just fired some hornady critical defense and I also had 0 hiccups. All shots hit where the laser was too. This is my carry ammo now.

13. VT_Hokie

VT_Hokie New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    I was also able to find the Hornady Critical Defense in .380 at Ammuntion to GO.  It took a few days longer than I expected, but they did send me an email, and were actually out of some of the other caliber ammo I ordered and refunded that back to my CC.  But the critical defense came and worked well for me at well.

14. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Exact same place I got my critical defense and exact same predicament happened to me as well.