Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unhappy I Get. Believe me, I do.

But I think Ted "jumped the shark" this time...

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
I think it was just hyperbole. It sounded exactly like when Hoffa Jr. said, when speaking of the Tea Party, that the Unions "take these sons of bitches out."

Hannity, FOX, &tc. hyped that as proof of hypocrisy. "What happened to 'change the rhetoric' speech?" "What happened to the lectures on civility?" But it was pretty clear it was just hyperbole.

Kinda like when you yell at a boxing match for your favorite boxer to, "KILL 'EM ROCKY!!!! TAKE HIS HEAD OFF!!!!"

Neither Hoffa nor Nugent should have used that sort of hyperbole, I agree, but it was over-hyped both times.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
a true popcorn event. It is very fun to watch Mitt squirm with Terrible Ted up there saying embarrassing stuff. Mitt wants Ted's endorsement, yet does not want to be associated with this type of behavior..... so he gets some campaign nobody to denounce the words while happily letting the free publicity ride in his favor....

All in all, I agree with Ted, though the words could have been better, what do you expect from a guy that sings "whang dang the poontang" or whatever it was.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I suspect there is more to the story. Ted is a NRA director and not a stupid guy.
Very outspoken I agree, but he may be just giving back to the liberal side the same rhetoric that they feel comfortable tossing out at the drop of a hat.

Alex Baldwin can talk about taking out President Bush, Black Panthers can put out a contract on Zimmerman, but Ted can't speak his mind? His comment was meant to say he would be dead or in jail since Obama has made it clear that his war on the second amendment ain't over. In his second term with no voters to worry about he will go after your gun rights big time. Ted is right.

If you want to retain your second amendment right you all better think hard about how outspoken your might want to get prior to this election. Just my humble personal opinion.

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
Just the "Nuge" being himself. He's said much the same sort of thing before. He has also written highly erudite essays on American history.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
The way I read into his comments is this. If President Obama is re-elected, by this time next year, I'll either be dead because I was not able to defend myself legally or in jail because I defended myself illegally in the eyes of the future administration. And then really, how many Jersey "hunters" run out into the woods blazing away at anything that moves to come out empty handed not knowing if they hit or missed just to head back south and call it a good weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts