Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello KTOGers!
Just picked up my .40 Gen2, and spent last weekend making a custom case for it.
All in, the case cost me less than $40. I thought I would see if others wanted to post their case pics and ideas??? I'm gonna do this for all my guns!

FYI, the case itself is a DeWalt waterproof case, on sale from Homedepot for $25. I used gym floor mats to fill it. There are 6 stacked, glued and cut with a razor knife.
Once i had them fit snug, i traced the content's outline, used the same blade to cut them out, then used a Dremel sander to smooth the edges and improve the recesses.
The earplugs case was cut using a hole saw.

There is also a 22.5degree picatinny mount on there with a micro red dot. You can't see it as its on the underside, but the case fully encapsulates it to keep it safe.
I also used paracord wrapped around the stock to give a little cushion for the recoil without adding size, weight or bulk.

I'd love to see your 'custom-cases'!

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great case!!

You may want to investigate Kaizen Foam. It is closed cell so it doesn't absorb moisture or oils, comes in various thicknesses, and is easy to cut to the depth needed. I use it for all my custom cases and urban camo projects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.