Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Homebrew gen II mag mount

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BitterTait 
#1 ·
Full writeup coming, but something I threw together. With apologies for the crappy cell phone pics but none for the messy work bench.

I always pictured my final Sub with the buttstock mounted mag holder, but Kel Tec barely made any for the Gen I so I have no faith they'll do it for the Gen II. I decided to make my own. It's pretty simple; a picatinny rail scavenged from an M-Loc rail I got to play around with and Fab Defense GMFG baseplate

I ground off two of the M-Loc lugs, filed slots in the stock for the remaining two lugs to fit in, then bedded the rail on the stock with JB weld and finally drilled and tapped it using the original screws M-Loc screws. Holds up well thus far. out of the way enough that I think I can get the two finger charging handle.

See less See more
#4 ·
Finally made it to the range to do try it out. We'll call this one a bust - the recoil tends to knock rounds out when the mag is in place and the gun is firing. Ah well, at least learning a project is a bust at the range means you can console yourself with putting rounds down range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.