Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the home I have been renting for the past few years. A double shotgun located 2 blocks from the French Quarter. Has a big back yard that was divided by a nasty chain link fence. Tore that out 2 hours after i signed the closing docs. I built these sq ft gardens. Also going to use the garden tools / potting area as an air soft range:D

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that was easy! Used old curtains the Gf was tossing out. Reduces ricochets. Old board backstop. Pellet trap in front. Now I have a 7 yard airsoft and air gun
range!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Congrats. Looks like full utilization of back yard.

Life is short, be happy
Jack

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Eric, you have made a good move.
That place is REALLY nice, and I can see your not wasting any time or space.

Have fun my friend .
Dont forget to get that Random Orbital sander.;):)

Good luck with the new ownership.

Jim

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim. Ros is on the list.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Eric,
What air guns do you have?

I am really getting interested in some of the newer high power air rifles out there.
Most are 1200 FPS, some are saying 1500-1600 fps in .177 cal, and less at .22 cal , but more energy with the .22 cal.

Man those things have come a long way since the Red Ryders.

What you got?

Jim

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Congrats on the new home! Looks like you'll be spending a lot more time at the range now.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim, I have several.
I have a nice break action gun but it almost as loud as a. 22 so it never see daylight. I mostly shoot my crossman power master 66 that is 15 years old. 5 pumps is sufficient for yard target work. Silly accurate. I shoot a pellet then use that hole as the target. I can get a 3 shot cloverleaf 8 of 10 times shooting off of a rest.

Cheep trigger time in the yard. Got to love it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congratulations on being a home owner again. The house looks great, and I love the back yard airsoft range. My twin six year girls are approaching the responsibility level to start bb gunning in the back yard - looking forward to it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats. Your back yard looks like my old place in New Orleans. Lived in the Big Easy for a few years in the mid 80's. Miss it sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts