Holsters

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Chopper, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Chopper

Chopper New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Hey all, what holsters do you guy's recomend? My P3AT has a crimson Trace. I'm looking for an IWB, a pocket holster and also a belt holster but each must accommodate the CT.
    Thank's

2. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Watch pocket in jeans works great.

3. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I carry my P3AT IWB in a Galco U.S.A model 404. I really like the j-hook and horsehide leather. :)

4. foothills

foothills New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I like the blackhawk #1 for pocket carry, don't know if it'll work with the CT or not. If I'm going to IWB I use a bigger gun. You might consider the Smart Carry xtra small -- works great with the P3AT for the ultimate concealability even with a tucked in shirt.

5. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I use Uncle Mike's IWB and pocket holsters. They are very tough and that price is hard to beat.

6. RobO-excop

RobO-excop Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Reno,NV
    I saw a nice looking pocket holster on the "Gunblast" site tonight, for the P3AT, P32, & LCP.
    See it at: www.recluseholster.com  I'd post a pic, but my computer skills are 20th century....sorry! :(

7. shooter_tx

shooter_tx New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    This should take you to the main Kel-Tec page for DeSantis holsters:

Search By Mfr: Kel-Tec

If not, from the main "Products" page, GOTO:
    • SEARCH BY GUN MANUFACTURER
    • More...
    • KELTEC
    • P3AT W/ CRIMSON TRACE LASER GRIP

ETA: RobO-excop, those Recluse holsters are very nice!

ETA2: Here is the link for KD Holsters, the guy who posted just beneath me.

8. KD_Holsters

KD_Holsters New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Chopper:

We can make any/all of those styles of holster for your P3AT with Crimson Trace. We're actually running about 2 weeks turnaround on these styles of holster. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions (even if you don't order from us).

9. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    The Recluse holster looks to be a very good product, but I have a hard time parting with $50+, three boxes of ammo, for something I can't hold in my hand and evaluate.  I wish the company luck, but until I can touch and feel the product at a local store, I'll stick with an EBay cheapie or my jean's watch pocket.

10. one_gun

one_gun New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Seems like you could dislodge the trigger from what ever is holding it. Exposing it :-/
    Trigger still needs to be covered. ;) I'll stick to my D.M. Bullard.

11. streetprowler

streetprowler New Member

Nov 29, 2004
  12. ColeSpeed

ColeSpeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    The handgun in the Recluse holster is held firmly in place with the trigger block and is only released when your fingers are inserted to draw. Of course your pocket will be free from any other items so that is not an issue. The holster was designed to solve two issues that have plagued many users; eliminate any profiling along with any chance of the holster coming out with the handgun when drawn.
    [​IMG]
    The Recluse design came about a few years ago in part because of the post on this forum that lead me to wanting a holster that had the qualities of the perfect pocket holster. We all know that each person needs to choose for themselves what works for them; for this reason there are many other quality holsters available to meet the various needs. Here is the link to the Gunblast online magazine review of the holster for those that would like to read what Jeff Quinn thought of it.
    http://gunblast.com/Recluse.htm

Hope this helps you choose the best holster for your needs,
    ColeSpeed

13. KD_Holsters

KD_Holsters New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    My experience has shown that there really are a number of pocket holster designs that do that very thing, and have been doing it well for a very long time.

The Recluse is but another form of it and only seems to be unique in its appearance when compared to other pocket holsters based on your criteria.

14. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i have 4 of kevins holsters for the p3at......

they are all fine pieces of work and I would recommend him fully

15. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I got one of these from the Guru in June 2008 originally for my LCP. Later I got my P3AT. This holster has been used almost everyday since then with no problems, no printing, and deformity. I have since gotten four of my friends to either get the LCP or P3AT and all of them have bought their pocket holster from the Guru too. Just like me they love their convertible pocket holster.

16. ccoorreeyy

ccoorreeyy New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    I use one from www.mecopocketholsters.com . To me their holsters are as good as it gets. VERY nice!!! These are some of the ones I have bought from them. I highly recomend them for your holster needs.

[​IMG]

17. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I received a very nice message from Tod at Recluse Holsters.  Very friendly message from a good man.  If I ever feel the need for a pocket holster, I'll sure keep him in mind.

18. DaveTec

DaveTec New Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Just got mine from Guru today, thanks to this thread. Love it!
    [​IMG]

19. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Hi,

Went to the site and viewed the video and was favorably impressed. However, the video didn't show re-holstering. The ease of re-holstering would be very important to me, can you speak to this issue?

Thanks...

20. Chopper

Chopper New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Does anyone use tha "Bare Asset" IWB from High Noon Holsters, if so how do you like it?