Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a PF-9. Kinda had some issues with it. I really need to get out and put a few hundred rounds through it and see if I have anymore.. But one of the reasons I don't often carry it anymore is that I have a small IWB holster with a single clip. I think its made for a J model revolver... But it fits.. The issue is that if I go to the bathroom or anything like that the holster flips and sometimes the gun can fall out or just isn't secure. Sometimes when I pull the gun our the holster comes with it.. and so on.

Any way. If I plan on keeping it I want a different holster. Not a fan of pocket holsters. I prefer IWB. Looking for suggestions.
I have leather for another gun and love it. Not a fan of Kydex or any hard material but I've never had it so I can't say for sure..

I've looked up some holsters most around $80.. Looked up alien gear and they were closer to $40.

Anyone have anything they suggest? What are good for the PF9? What sucks? That kinda thing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
So I have a PF-9. Kinda had some issues with it. I really need to get out and put a few hundred rounds through it and see if I have anymore.. But one of the reasons I don't often carry it anymore is that I have a small IWB holster with a single clip. I think its made for a J model revolver... But it fits.. The issue is that if I go to the bathroom or anything like that the holster flips and sometimes the gun can fall out or just isn't secure. Sometimes when I pull the gun our the holster comes with it.. and so on.

Any way. If I plan on keeping it I want a different holster. Not a fan of pocket holsters. I prefer IWB. Looking for suggestions.
I have leather for another gun and love it. Not a fan of Kydex or any hard material but I've never had it so I can't say for sure..

I've looked up some holsters most around $80.. Looked up alien gear and they were closer to $40.

Anyone have anything they suggest? What are good for the PF9? What sucks? That kinda thing.

Thanks in advance.
Whatever you buy, for IWB, get a fitted holster with good retention. With single or double clips a good fitted holster should have excellent retention without coming out on the draw. When dropping your trousers, no matter the holster, always remove the firearm first. Period. No exceptions. If using a toilet, put the pistol in the crotch of your underwear. You will never forget it that way. I too am a fan of Aliengear.

P.S. Your holster coming out may be caused by a damaged or cheap belt clip. If it is a steel one, you may be able to adjust the angle of the ridge on the clip, or increase the tension. Aftermarket clips are also available if it is an older or well used holster. If it is relatively new, I would talk to the factory about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PF9 holsters

Ekels, here in Florida we dress very light. The reason I carry the PF9 pocket carry, or also techna clip on belt is another option. Love my keltec PF9. It is just right for Florida carry.:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can't beat alien gear. I was carrying a smith and wesson sd40ve in a alien gear iwb holster for a year before I sold the gun for my pf-9. Once I can talk the wife into letting up on some money, I plan on getting a shell for the pf9 and maybe even their new owb holster.

·
Registered
215 Posts
DeSantis King Tuk and Pocket Tuk are decent IWB leather holsters. I used the King Tuk for about a year. I now prefer the Kydex IWB from Clinger Holsters, available at a great price via eBay. I use an Uncle Mikes pocket holster occasionally, and used a MIC (or MICH) minimalist holster for my P3AT for a couple years and got one for the PF9, too. These are the kydex trigger covers that grip the pistol well and attach to your belt with a paracord loop. Just slide the pistol into your waistband for carry. You yank the pistol out with a firm movement and the kydex trigger cover snaps off.
In the pocket, no pistol dropping. Both of the above kydex options also grip firmly, no dropping. Matter of fact, I was working outside wearing the PF9 in the MICH, got hot, so to be able to take my shirt off, I let the pistol drop down in my pants off the paracord and it was held solidly, dangling ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I missed the pricing given in the OP.
Clinger kydex IWB holsters ran $20-35 on eBay, unit depending. The MICH styles run $14-16. I got my DeSantis King Tuk for $20 IIRC. I ended up buying all my PF9 holsters & most of my P3AT/P32 holsters via eBay. Got a really nice leather pocket holster for the P32 here at KTOG years ago along with the lanyard for hanging it around your neck that KelTec used to sell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I carry in a Cebeci leather IWB holster I got on Ebay, leather, very comfortable and I sometimes for get I have it on. Cebeci Leather IWB Inside Pants CCW Holster with Comfort Tab/Body-Shield for...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.