Holster Selections for the P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Nu_Agin_Shooter, Jul 20, 2007.

1. I thought it may be helpful for new owners of the P3AT to see holster options in one thread.  If you have a picture of a holster for the P3AT… post it here.   Even if you don’t have a picture and you have/had one of the holsters already showing… post comments.…

Links and purchase information may be helpful as well.

My Holsters:

All of them!
    [​IMG]

====================================================
    My favorite for now… the 5.11 Holster that goes with the 5.11 Shirt.
    [​IMG]
    The 5.11 Shirt
    [​IMG]
    I got them both at Midway.
    The holster was $9.99 plus s&h.  http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=119567
    The shirts were $37.99 plus s&h.   http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=328805
    And a video clip of the draw from the 5.11.  I made the clip the day I got the shirt and before I got the 5.11 holster.  The look and draw are MUCH smoother now!

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/Nu_Agin_Shooter/?action=view&current=511shirt.flv

XXXXXXXXXX
    My second favorite…  The GURU DAVE Convertible:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.pocketholsters.com/Kel-Tec_Pocket_Wallet_Holster/kel-tec_pocket_wallet_holster.html    $50 plus s&h
    I wear this one in my back pocket at times.
    The anti print flap can be removed for front pocket carry.

XXXXXXXXXX
    The Desanti Nemesis
    [​IMG]
    http://www.desantisholster.com/n38.html  $20.50 plus s&h
    Good for front pocket carry.
    The outside of holster has rubbery texture to help hold holster in pocket during draw.

XXXXXXXXXX
    An unbranded (homemade?) Small of Back / Hip Holster.
    [​IMG]
    I got this from a board member for $15 shipped!
    I have not used it yet, but I think it will be a nice range holster.

XXXXXXXXXX
    And last… for now anyway… A hard plastic Plano case… ( I know...not a holster.)
    [​IMG]
    Model # 1421 from Academy Sports.  Less than $5.00
    You could put a small pad lock on it, and no... it is not water proof.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

3. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
  4. dawgfvr

dawgfvr New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    I am very partial to this K & D holster...stays in the pocket and pistol presents very fast out of this very small holster. This one was very well thought out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mastercrasher

mastercrasher New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Bellevue
    I usually have my shirt tail out. If it's not in my Bandera belt it's in my 5.11 shirt.

[​IMG]

6. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Man, I wish I had a digital camera, because...

I've got two beautiful KD 2in1 convertible holsters, one in black, and one in dark mahogany. Beautiful craftsmanship, THANKS KEVIN!

I feel like I've joined a club or something, with a leather holster now. Now I just need a fancy leather ankle holster (though admittedly my Fobus is working fine for now).

One thing I noted as a dramatic difference between the DeSantis Nemesis and the new holster...getting the gun out with the DeSantis was literally just putting your hand in your pocket and pulling it out, the holster stayed put. Is there a trick with a leather holster? I should probably practice (with an empty gun).

7. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I have an inexpensive holster solution. I prefer front pocket carry, but sometimes carry in my back pocket. This rig works well for both.

I took an Uncle Mike's Size 1 pocket holster, had to rip the seams to allow for the 2nd generation's slightly thicker size. I re-stitched to fit snugly, but loose enough for an easy draw.

Next, I ripped the seam across the top of the paddle, slid a spare magazine in and re-stitched to fit snugly. This way I can carry a spare magazine.

This also holds an added bonus. The spare magazine under the grip forms a nice wallet-like shape when in a pocket. I will continue to carry this cheap holster until I just decide to spend the money for a nice leather or kydex of the same design.

[​IMG]

8. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    SmartCarry used pretty much 24/7
    [​IMG]

Grandfather Oak used occasionally
    [​IMG]

9. fmack

fmack New Member

Nov 12, 2006
  10. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    I like the WRB front pocket holster. Don't have a pic of mine but it is the middle holster on the website below. The holster stays in the pocket when the gun is drawn.

http://www.wrbss.com/pocketholsters.html

11. Mike66

Mike66 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    How do you like the G.O.? I have one on order. Does it do a pretty good job hiding it in a pants pocket? Also, does it stay put when you draw?

12. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Why I like my Grandfather Oak Pocket Companion for my P-3AT with ArmaLaser.  
    http://www.grandfatheroak.com/Stockdesigns.html  
    1] Very Light  
    2] Very Thin  
    3] Does Not Absorb Sweat  
    4] Stays In Place In Pocket  
    5] Gun Snaps In Very Positively, yet ...  
    6] Draws Easily, and ...  
    7] Holster Stays In Pocket During Draw  
    8] Will Probably Never Wear Out  
    9] Not Expensive  
    10] Needs No Maintenance
    :) :) :)

13. CraigJS

CraigJS New Member

May 28, 2006
    Check out here:http://www.sideguardholsters.com/
    I just got one of the "Snap" holsters for my P3AT, it works great holds the gun well etc.
    In the picture "The Snap" is in the lower right.
    Be safe.

14. Finch

Finch New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I've been experimenting and it looks like I may use several different methods depending on clothes and situation.

1) I bought the Concealment Concepts Pocket Pal based on recommendations here.   Today I received my spare mag and am happy to say it does not print (right front pocket) with the spare mag in place.   It did print without it though.  It's really light and  with the spare mag in place the gun seems easier to draw.

2) I also received my Guru pocket holster.  Very nicely done.  I haven't had time to try it out yet.

3) Had a Belly Bag, but took it back to the store.   As someone here pointed out, it's like an advertisement you might have a gun.  I always use a regular belly bag and often wonder if people think I'm carrying.  

4) Years ago I bought a Smart Carry (or a copy) at a gun show to carry my NAA .22 mag.  It only came in black, so i had white nylon cloth sewn over it.  I never ended up using it, but fortunately did keep it.  I'm sure I will use it at times and probably will get another sized for my Firestorm Mini-9.

5) On GunBroker a guy has a nylon pocket holster similar to the Concealment Concepts but it has a large back to prevent printing.  I bought one to try it out, but haven't got it yet.  

6) Finally I ordered a clip from Kel-Tec.  Haven't received it yet.

I'll post pictures when I have more time.

Has someone done this same type of thread for the PF-9?

rw

15. CC_Dave

CC_Dave New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    You will love the Guru pocket holster, trust me.
    I carry every day, 24/7, in my front right pocket. I find that it prints like a wallet.

Dave

16. Finch

Finch New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Hi Dave,

1) You carry it in your front pocket without the back flap right?  Or do you keep on the flap?   2) How do you get the holster to stay in the pocket when you draw the gun?  So far I'm finding it tends to move with the gun.   Maybe once the gun has been in it awhile it will loosen up a bit?

rw

17. Mike66

Mike66 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Why I like my Grandfather Oak Pocket Companion for my P-3AT with ArmaLaser.  
    http://www.grandfatheroak.com/Stockdesigns.html  
    1] Very Light  
    2] Very Thin  
    3] Does Not Absorb Sweat  
    4] Stays In Place In Pocket  
    5] Gun Snaps In Very Positively, yet ...  
    6] Draws Easily, and ...  
    7] Holster Stays In Pocket During Draw  
    8] Will Probably Never Wear Out  
    9] Not Expensive  
    10] Needs No Maintenance
    :) :) :)
    [/quote]

So I'm guessing you like it?   ;D

Cool.  Mine should be arriving today or tomorrow.  Can't wait to try it out!

18. Finch... My jeans are tight enough with the guru-- minus the print flap -- to stay in on the draw with front pocket carry. Loose slacks , not so good. The Nemisis is good for front pocket. The rubber on the outside helps hold it in.

19. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006