Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am looking for the perfect pocket holster.  Here are my requirements.  I want the holster to come up high on the gun to cover the slide to protect it from sweat.  I want it to also hold a spare mag.  Both my mags have a grip extension on them and need some breathing room.  In the past I simple modified an Uncle Mike's size one.  

So any ideas?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I like the coozy idea. I have thought about making my own, but did not know what to use as a material. I think I have found a way to modify the Uncle Mike's size 1. I will post pics if it works.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the Uncle Mike's size 1 mod didn't work. I guess they are making them smaller now. I decided to go with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holser for the gun and a DeSantis Mag Packer in the opposite pocket for the spare magazine. If I ever needed the spare in a pinch it would be better to pull it out of the other pocket with the other hand instead of having to switch hands.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! I got it to work. This may sound strange, but its true. The first pocket holster I bought was one of the new productions in the new packaging. They are smaller than the older production size 1. I found one of the older packaging holsters and completed the mod. It looks just like my last one. But I am going to order one of these.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Bama, What's wrong with the one you modified? I like modified, if it works for me. I liked yours so good, I just took my Uncle Mike's #1 for the Baby out of the safe and did the same with it. I like it, don't need nothing else. This is what I like about this site.

I modified a Blackhawk #5 for my p11 and made it a tuckable IWB. Works good for that one. Modifications--if you can't find what you want, modify what you have!

Thanks again for the idea.

Bo Bryant

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, this site is amazing. I actually got the idea from this site about 2 or three years ago. I like it for back pocket carry, but I really like the DeSantis Nemesis in the front and the DeSantis Mag Packer in the other front pocket. That way I can get a full grip on the gun in my pocket and be able to pull out the spare without changing hands.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the DT-6 for my Taurus 24/7 Pro which is a good nylon multi carry holster with mag pouch. My local store is out but the DTS from DoubleTrible.com will fit the P-3AT. There is a mag pouch version, DTSW, but the rep. from DT doesn't know if the mag will fit and thinks it will but I would need to check the fit first. If it fits like my DT-6 then it's a winner for IWB, OWB, Crossdraw and more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.