Holster search

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BamaShooter, Aug 17, 2008.

1. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Ok, I am looking for the perfect pocket holster.  Here are my requirements.  I want the holster to come up high on the gun to cover the slide to protect it from sweat.  I want it to also hold a spare mag.  Both my mags have a grip extension on them and need some breathing room.  In the past I simple modified an Uncle Mike's size one.  

[​IMG]

So any ideas?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

3. ttorion

ttorion New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Ditto on the K&D Holsters. I have the 2 in 1 but not the plus. It's a great holster. I carry it all the time in my hip pocket.

4. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    If you have a couple spare koozies laying around and some sewing skills you could sandwich them together for a "Latigo" Plus.

[​IMG]

5. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Hey, I like the coozy idea. I have thought about making my own, but did not know what to use as a material. I think I have found a way to modify the Uncle Mike's size 1. I will post pics if it works.

6. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Well, the Uncle Mike's size 1 mod didn't work. I guess they are making them smaller now. I decided to go with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holser for the gun and a DeSantis Mag Packer in the opposite pocket for the spare magazine. If I ever needed the spare in a pinch it would be better to pull it out of the other pocket with the other hand instead of having to switch hands.

7. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Ha! I got it to work. This may sound strange, but its true. The first pocket holster I bought was one of the new productions in the new packaging. They are smaller than the older production size 1. I found one of the older packaging holsters and completed the mod. It looks just like my last one. But I am going to order one of these.
    [​IMG]

8. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Bama, What's wrong with the one you modified? I like modified, if it works for me. I liked yours so good, I just took my Uncle Mike's #1 for the Baby out of the safe and did the same with it. I like it, don't need nothing else. This is what I like about this site.

I modified a Blackhawk #5 for my p11 and made it a tuckable IWB. Works good for that one. Modifications--if you can't find what you want, modify what you have!

Thanks again for the idea.

Bo Bryant

9. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Yeah, this site is amazing. I actually got the idea from this site about 2 or three years ago. I like it for back pocket carry, but I really like the DeSantis Nemesis in the front and the DeSantis Mag Packer in the other front pocket. That way I can get a full grip on the gun in my pocket and be able to pull out the spare without changing hands.

10. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I have never had the nemesis. However, it ain't too late!

Happy shooting to you.

Bo Bryant

11. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I use a Leatherman holster to carry a spare mag. My mag has the +one extension and fits perfectly! Just so no one asks to borrow my Leatherman! LOL.

12. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Desantis Nemesis is a very good economical choice I think! :)

13. sniper7369

sniper7369 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Williston, FL
    I was doing some cocealex work for my 1911 last night and did a quick and dirty pocket rig for my P-3AT. In a pair of jeans the print looks just like a wallet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    What is cocealex ? Is that the stuff the holster is made of? I'll probably end up doing a quick goolgle for it.

15. sniper7369

sniper7369 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Williston, FL
    Yes, concealex is the material.

16. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    IMHO, the Galco Stinger is a great holster for the money! :)

17. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    ???

18. DaveyDug

DaveyDug New Member

Jul 21, 2008
  19. Second_Life

Second_Life New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I have the DT-6 for my Taurus 24/7 Pro which is a good nylon multi carry holster with mag pouch. My local store is out but the DTS from DoubleTrible.com will fit the P-3AT. There is a mag pouch version, DTSW, but the rep. from DT doesn't know if the mag will fit and thinks it will but I would need to check the fit first. If it fits like my DT-6 then it's a winner for IWB, OWB, Crossdraw and more.