Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I didn't find what I was looking for using the search engine.
What kind of holster is recommended for belt carry? I have a P3-AT second gen.
Either a belt slide, paddle, or pancake style.
I currently use an Uncle Mike's IWB clip-on pouch. Works okay for shorts or sweats. I would like a belt holster for colder weather use.
I don't care for pocket carry.
Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Fobus makes a good quality forward cant paddle holster. I have one, and it holds the weapon very snugly. I can't vouch for long term wear comfort, but if I ever do open carry, that's the one I'll be using. I still haven't received my CCW, and I've got about 5 different holsters so far, trying to figure out which I prefer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was leaning towards the Fobus, I have one for my S&W J frame. I just wanted to know if there was something out there that would ride closer to my body than the Fobus. The Fobus for the J frame tends to stick the butt out. If I have a long loose fitting coat on it's not bad. But something more snug and the gun prints noticeably.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I do have the ability to make a paddle holster for the P3AT. It's a leather holster with a kydex paddle. The paddle for the small holster differs from the larger version in that there's no adjustability available with respect to cant of the holster.

I also make a slide on the belt style of holster, as well as a clip on the belt style. Here's a dressed up version of the Mini-Belt Defender:

Feel free to give me a shout if I can help in any way or answer any questions for you.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
That's a nice looking holster K-man. Is it available without the thumbbreak? and is there enough retention in the molding to hold the gun without the TB?

:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks, 3wbdriver. Yes, the holster would be available without a thumb break. There would also be plenty of retention on the gun without it. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you'd like to discuss other details.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Wow K-man, that holster is a beauty!

Your work gets better and better. The quality and attention to detail is top notch!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. This is one of the best boards anywhere. I think the mini defender is one of the best looking holsters I've seen. Thanks to all that responded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.