Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the SC CCW Class on April 21. I will need a right hand OWB holster for the P-11.

Any suggestions? I don't want to pay a small fortune either, since once I get the permit I'll be mostly carrying IWB. OWB only in cooler weather with a jacket.

Thanks in advance. Need to pick something up quick!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I got one that's similar to a crossbreed from a guy on another forum, I've been wearing it to break it in until my license gets in & I've been really happy with it.
PM me & I can send you his email.

The TX CHL class doesn't require a holster.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm taking the SC CCW Class on April 21. I will need a right hand OWB holster for the P-11.

Any suggestions? I don't want to pay a small fortune either, since once I get the permit I'll be mostly carrying IWB. OWB only in cooler weather with a jacket.

Thanks in advance. Need to pick something up quick!
I bought a Pancake holster on Ebay for $18, Wal Mart has Blackhawks for around $12 I think. It's a #8 (the one I have) fits my G26 and my P11 both

·
Registered
28 Posts
...The TX CHL class doesn't require a holster.
Yes, I don't know how it is in S. Carolina, but here in TX the range time was a whopping 15-20 minutes with our guns laying on the bench unloaded and muzzle downrange when not in use. The other 9.5 llooonnngg hours were sitting in a classroom setting with our guns locked up in our vehicles. I wouldn't think a holster would be needed/required. Seems like it would just be introducing more risk of injury from possible unholstering/reholstering NDs from inexperienced folks. I'm not saying that you are inexperienced, but you will have several in your group. I was uneasy a few times during my initial and re-ups.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Both my brothers have their high dollar guns in airsoft holsters from walmart. Think there even cheaper than walmarts blackhawk holsters.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I use a relatively inexpensive Uncle Mikes Super Belt Slide Holster.
It fits both my P11 and my CZ-82 without any adjustment.

In OWB carry, my personal experience has been that the belt is as important as the holster. Get a good thick 1-1/2" wide belt to hold your weapon firmly to your body so it doesn't flop around.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use a relatively inexpensive Uncle Mikes Super Belt Slide Holster.
It fits both my P11 and my CZ-82 without any adjustment.

In OWB carry, my personal experience has been that the belt is as important as the holster. Get a good thick 1-1/2" wide belt to hold your weapon firmly to your body so it doesn't flop around.
I picked up an army surplus 1.5" BDU belt that will work fine and fit jeans and other pants well

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I don't know how it is in S. Carolina, but here in TX the range time was a whopping 15-20 minutes with our guns laying on the bench unloaded and muzzle downrange when not in use. The other 9.5 llooonnngg hours were sitting in a classroom setting with our guns locked up in our vehicles. I wouldn't think a holster would be needed/required. Seems like it would just be introducing more risk of injury from possible unholstering/reholstering NDs from inexperienced folks. I'm not saying that you are inexperienced, but you will have several in your group. I was uneasy a few times during my initial and re-ups.
8 hour course required in SC... 4+ hour class time and then range time... for 50 rounds scoring a 75% or better. It dempends on instructor on yardage and if drawing from holster is required. finding out full details tomorrow but unloaded weapon in holster is requirement.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got one that's similar to a crossbreed from a guy on another forum, I've been wearing it to break it in until my license gets in & I've been really happy with it.
PM me & I can send you his email.

The TX CHL class doesn't require a holster.
PM sent. Is this a vertical draw? Some advanced classes want a vertical draw or adjustable cant. I'll probably be using a full size .40 for these classes but want to cover my bases just in case.

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
Starrfish,
Do you want to borrow one of my OWB holsters until you buy one yourself?
I am like everyone else that has a drawer full of holsters and not enough guns to fill them all.
Its a new Uncle Mikes size one ambidextrous holster with thumb break.
It kinda looks like the bottom one on this link,but it has more holster covering the gun.You can wear it under or over your belt or on the opposite side for lefties. It fits my P-11 with the belt clip on or off.
It will also fit larger hand guns too.

http://www.shopunclemikes.com/imagesEdp/p82408b.jpg

If you like it PM me so I have your mailing address.

I am following the "No selling outside the trading post rules"
,but it you want to keep it,PM me at:
[email protected]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good old Wally World (WalMart) has just what you need for the course. That's where I got my belt holster that I used for my P-11 for a concealed carry course in February.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Received my custom p-11 holster from a fellow member here on this board (tntctom). Great work tntctom! Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
starrfish, sorry I'm late reading this. I have found that both my P 40 and P 11 fit nicely in a belt slide I bought at a gun show in Columbia for my gov't model .45. I could have helped you out but I'm late to the thread.

M1Carbine in Goose Creek

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is late but a month or so ago I got an email from Jason at Concealment Solutions saying that he now made holsters for the P-11. Not sure of the price range. I will see if I can dig up the email.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Passed my SC CWP tests written and firing accuracy. Scored almost perfect... (minimum was 70%!) We did a series of accuracy drills firing from ready position and drawing from holster at 3,6,9,12, and 15 yards in bursts of 1, 2, & 2 two times at 3, 6, 9 yards (first set of 5 from ready second 5 from holster). 2 burst of 5 each at 12 & 15 (10 from holster 10 from ready). Holster from TNTCTOM worked great!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts