Holster Choice

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by papajoe, Nov 25, 2008.

1. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    I have crimson trace laser. Is the galco pocket holster thicker than the desantis nemisis? Which one prints the least. I don"t think either would be a bad choice,also where to buy at the best price would be a great help .

2. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    My CT came with a galco holster, I really like it because it has the (hold open top) great for reholstering in the front pocket. Can't say which is thinner, but I wear size 36 Lee Rider jeans, and no one has ever busted me for printing. Jim <><

3. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Papajoe, my CT also came with the Galco holster.

I had been using a Desantis Nemisis prior to buying the CT and liked it very well.

I just measured the opening of both the Galso and the Nemisis...without the gun in place and found the two holsters to be almost identical in height. The Galco was about 1/32 smaller in height. To be fair, I had just taken my P-3AT out of the Nemisis holster.

Photos of the two holsters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife modified the Nemisis holster to accommodate the CT by removing the stitches in the center part of the holster.

Here is a photo of my P-3AT in the Galco.

[​IMG]

And a photo showing a P-3AT in a Nemisis holster. Not my photo or gun! Sorry I can't remember who I stole the photo from!! :-[
    [​IMG]

I like both holsters. I do seem to carry the Nemisis somewhat more for some reason.

Old Bill

4. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Thanks for all the info. I will probably lean toward the galco just because I like leather.

5. seabear1500

seabear1500 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I don't have a CT but my Galco looks the same. I don't like the folded edge at the top . It makes the holster hold shape and stay oprn, but it maket the overall thickness 3/16" thicker than if it wasn't there. In light fabric pocket that is noticeable. I am thinking about leaving it over the top of the slide and cutting it off the sides. If I do I'll let everyone know how it works.

6. seabear1500

seabear1500 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    The more I look at how this holster prints. I'm thinking it needs thickness added at the flat part to make it print like a wallet instead of a pistol. Hmmmm shoe shop? I'll experiment then maybe make it permanent.

7. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    That sounds like an excellence idea!

8. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I use the Nemisis..no laser.
    Got mine online at Cabelas for $20 some dollars...had some cabela points to use up.
    No problems with the holster...stays in pocket like its supposed to.
    Also like the thinness of the holster compared to others that i've seen. I didnt
    want the extra bulk in frt. pocket.

9. seabear1500

seabear1500 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    That sounds like an excellence idea!
    [/quote]

Thanks Bill. Well, I couldn't stand it after mentioning it . I went and cut up a Koozy, or whatever you want to call it. Temporarily taped them in place and slide it into my pocket. and YAY. IT WORKS. Looks like a wallet. Just two layers on each side of thin neopreme and it was sufficient. I imagine 3 layers thick would work even better. I haven't looked, but I am sure someone makes a wallet holster, this is a pocket holster that prints like a wallet. Guess I'll have to go to the shoe shop next week unless I can find some leather to cut up and glue on. Suggestions anyone?

10. seabear1500

seabear1500 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
  11. seabear1500

seabear1500 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
  12. edpm3

edpm3 New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Being very satisfied with my KD Pocket Defender Convertible, after I got a CT laser I was pleased to learn that KD also made a model to fit it. Turns the P3AT into an innocuous PDA (personal defense appliance).

13. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    Iuse a Nemisis with an armalaser , works great for me

14. diesel350

diesel350 New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    I love my k&d 2in1...