Hogue

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mental, Aug 28, 2007.

1. mental

mental New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Just wondering if its the smallest Hogue grip that fits the p3at an is it called the junior an does it need to be trimed. Thanks

2. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

3. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Just remember that its better grip might work against you pulling it out of your pocket!

4. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    mental, search around on some of the older threads that talk about the rubber grips, some homemade, some bought. I like the Hogue Jr. myself applied on top of an old bike tire tube and yes it does need a little trimming. It has not hindered my draw in any way. :)

5. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I find that it makes it easyer to grab and hold the grip myself. I do carry in large pockets though when pocket carrying.

6. FMJ

FMJ New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I've installed a Houge Handall Jr. on my P3AT and love it. Try putting it on upside down, this gives your fingers a better fit in the grooves and the "bulge" in the grip seems to fit your palm better. Yes some trimming is required on the bottom. Use an X-Acto knife. Don't worry, it is very easy to do and with little chance of screwing it up. After trimming. roll back the edges and place a few drops of super glue under the grip to keep it from slipping off.

7. mental

mental New Member

Aug 21, 2007
  8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    +1 It did need a smidgen of trimming though (slight covering of the mag release button)