Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Not sure how it could be all that stable.

My truck bounces around more then I do when the wind is blowing.

I built this for chump change.

rc

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

rc
Nice! I think I may "borrow" that idea this summer. That should keep me free of fire ants a lot better than laying on a piece of cardboard.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I have been thinking of a all steel triangle shaped table with a seat that clamps on to the leg so you can set it up for ambi use and adjust the hight of the seat.

My tow truck made a pretty solid platform.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
That just looks like a regular bench with a very expensive third leg (i.e., the truck). What problem is this gizmo designed to solve?

·
Registered
595 Posts

[rc
I like your idea. If you don't mind, what are the flanges for the legs from, and did you put something tapered between them and the table bottom to angle the legs.

·
Registered
383 Posts
When I was living up in northern Maine that would be considered shooting from a vehicle. I've known people that got tickets from shooting across the hood or sitting on the tailgate with a loaded weapon. They used to have a big poaching problem so anything involving a vehicle was "outlawed" and taken to the extreme of the law. Check your local laws. YMMV

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I picked this up at Sportsmans Warehouse...less than a hundred bucks..

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
It looks like a good idea for some quick fun, if, like RC said, it doesn't move too much. KY_Redneck_Geek made one for himself that was pretty stable and packed away in a small space. I shot off it at a few of our Kons and it was very stable (read heavy). Obviously any bench needs some weight to it to be stable so it doesn't move when you do.

·
Registered
595 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts