Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This week I passed the 4,000 round mark on my RDB. I have shot it with and without bi-pods, optics, red dots, lasers, lights, suppressors. I have shot from 77s down to 40s with a variety of powders as well. Burris MTAC 1-4 in Warne SKEL mount. GemTech Halo out front with a CTC railmaster pro (red laser and white light) underneath.

I have red locktite on the rail screws now and that seems to have done the trick. Still get about double the group size of my ARs pretty much no matter what drill or groups I try to shoot. The suppressor does seem to provide a more significant reduction in noise on the RDB than on an AR15 with a 16" barrel, and even more when compared to a 10" barreled AR. The RDB is likely the home for my 223 suppressor.

I did start to get some failures to fire with the suppressor after running it pretty hard for about 200 rounds (in about 5 minutes) and getting it really hot. After cooling down, got light strikes on the primer. Cycling manually and letting the bolt run home from locked open, it would fire singles. I suspect the chamber and or gas system has fouled. Will have to tear it down and clean it all up and inspect to be sure. It has only been cleaned 3 times total with almost 2K on it since the last cleaning. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Keep us updated. Mine has had some failures to chamber due to super dirty Pmags that had seen a ton of suppressed fire in an AR. Cleaning the mag's helped a lot, but I still get 4-6 in 200 round range sessions. Gas settings have been adjusted properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.