history

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by hideit, Oct 30, 2007.

1. hideit

hideit New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    when was the first 3AT made?
    when was the first second generation 3AT made?

when I get one i will be using the low energy cartridges
    from what i have read it seems to me that most problems are encountered with the top end energy cartridges

comments?
    thanks

2. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I purchased my first FG P-3AT in 6/15/2003 and my first SG P-3AT 3/19/2005. All of my P-3ATs like hotter ammo.

Wilson – who’s P-3AT collection continues to grow ever so slowly :cool:

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Like Wilson, I have had more success with hotter ammo. But you have to make sure you are using a proper push/pull grip and keeping your wrist locked to get the full "benefit" of it.

-Scott

4. aghost34953

aghost34953 New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Since I'm new the the group, how many P3ATs do you own?

5. aghost34953

aghost34953 New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Sorry, question applied to Wilson. :D

6. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    My P-3AT also likes hotter ammo. Never heard of one that didn't.
    True, it's a bit harder to handle and it may wear on the gun more, but nevertheless it cycles better.

7. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    While we all hope the Federal Government is never permitted to build a database on guns owned, we can never be sure. I believe that anyone who has ever purchased a pistol in-state which doesn’t require FFL paper work and isn’t posted on an electronic forum should never admit to the purchase or ownership. That said, the Feds could trace more than 10 P-3ATs to me and everyone knows I don’t sell my guns.

Wilson – who’s intentionally being ambiguous ;)

8. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Let me throw my 2 cents in on the ammo thing...

We should make sure not to confuse "hot ammo" with those low weight, high velocity "magic bullets". Magsafes are expressly forbidden (50-60 grain bullets that go way in excess of 1000fps). So a rather spicy but still conventional round like CorBon DPX is fine, but a completely nonconventional round that gets a vastly higher muzzle velocity than all other standard rounds, like the Magsafe, is probably not a good idea.

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I don't own any, or I own a couple, I don't recall.  Anything I ever bought through an FFL has been sold FTF.  I might have bought and sold others privately, I don't recall.  My safe's empty I think.  I think I still have some P40 conversion kits but I am not sure but I definitely don't have any weapons to put them on - although I am always looking for more.   ;)

-Scott

10. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    You might want too ask who owns just one? ;D (ONLY A NEWBIE)