Hi-Tech Custom aluminum VFG and bottom rail

Discussion in 'KSG Bullpup Shotgun' started by Borderboss, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Borderboss

Borderboss Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Chicagoland
    As I noted in the thread about my first impressions of shooting my new KSG, I settled in on the aluminum VFG and aluminum bottom rail from Hi-Tech Custom. You can see photos of the VFG on my KSG below. The Hi-Tech web pages for the products can be found here for the VFG and here for the rail.

While I haven't shot the gun with these items on, I really like the feel on the gun. These things appear to be high quality. I settled on the VFG because it was designed especially for use on the KSG as a charging handle, so it would take the punishment of stroking the slide back and forth. All the other VFGs on the market seemed to be originally designed for use on an AR, where they would get no punishment at all. This VFG is long as well, although it's three pieces, so it can be made shorter if you like.

I also settled on the aluminum bottom rail because I bought in on the logic that the factory stock plastic rail won't hold up to the pounding of cycling the slide with a VFG. To me, it's cheap insurance. The Hi-Tech part seems particularly well thought out and executed.

Anyway, I just thought I would bring these parts to everyone's attention for debate. I have no affiliation with Hi-Tech Custom or anyone who works there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

850sub and jimboksg like this.
  2. jimboksg

jimboksg Active Member

Dec 15, 2014
    California
    Cool!:cool: I am Liking that,:likey: HI tech always has awesome stuff for K.S.G.'s. :pewpew:.Tell me how you like it after a day on the range. :gl:I think your gonna luv it .;)

3. rjhyland

rjhyland Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I agree. That was my first upgrade to my KSG and went with the SMT-Tac rail and so far it's been holding up as expected.