Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hi Standard Sentinel made in 1957ish with a barrel so shot out that it looks like a smooth bore. I have a new barrel on the way, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the barrel on one of these things. It looks pretty straight forward, but I'm not exactly mechanically inclined and couldn't really find anything on google.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I have a Hi Standard Sentinel made in 1957ish with a barrel so shot out that it looks like a smooth bore. I have a new barrel on the way, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the barrel on one of these things. It looks pretty straight forward, but I'm not exactly mechanically inclined and couldn't really find anything on google.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum!
From what I can see in pictures, the barrel is pressed into place and secured with a cross pin.
Special tooling will be needed to press the old one out and press the new one in place.
There is also the issue of the cylinder-to-barrel gap that must be set by 'adjusting' the length of the end of the barrel that interfaces with the cylinder before the barrel is pressed into the frame.
These two things will make it a job for a competent gunsmith.

Disclaimer: I am not a gunsmith, but I have met one before:D.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
From what I can see in pictures, the barrel is pressed into place and secured with a cross pin.
Special tooling will be needed to press the old one out and press the new one in place.
There is also the issue of the cylinder-to-barrel gap that must be set by 'adjusting' the length of the end of the barrel that interfaces with the cylinder before the barrel is pressed into the frame.
These two things will make it a job for a competent gunsmith.

Disclaimer: I am not a gunsmith, but I have met one before:D.
I agree with the above. I am also not a gunsmith but I did stay in a Holiday Inn! :rayof:

Also, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
is it shot out or just leaded up real bad. Don't ask me how I know about this. :eek::eek::eek:

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.