Hi. New to ktog.

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by FourMore, Jul 10, 2020.

1. FourMore

FourMore Member

Jul 10, 2020
    Hi. Been lurking off and on for a long time.
    Are these plastic guns any good? I know Mosinitis is real. Is Kel-Tecitis real?

Was looking for a fore-end carry solution for a sub. Wanted an attached single mag holster that velcroed around the fore-end. Waiting to hear back from Israel. Not NorthChinaSTAR. Waiting for a response from Israel and if (when) they produce a carrier. They have the parts, just move this to that.

‐------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited - Political Content Removed
    TxCajun, Admin

See Forum Rule III. B.
    https://www.thektog.org/index.php?threads/197131/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2020
  2. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    Welcome to the forum.

Yes they're good if one can learn new things and pay attention. They don't necessarily operate precisely the same way as more traditional firearms. If one can't adapt then they might not work so good. At least that's the way I see it.

rickclark28 likes this.

3. rickclark28

rickclark28 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Welcome to the forum and greetings from Ohio. Post #2 is spot on. In my experience it depends on the model and effort of the user. My experience with the SU16 and Sub2000 has been a good one. Others may disagree but I have had very good luck with them both. Right now supplies are down and some models are limited in quantities. My neighbors all received their P17's before the shutdown and looting. They love that little 22 and they are snobs when it comes to rimfire.

4. VegasSub2K

VegasSub2K Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Welcome to the forum. Kel Tec is an innovative firearms manufacturer. While their QC can be iffy at times, they make up for it in customer service and unique designs. I have the Gen 2 Sub 2000 and until recently, I haven't had any problems with it. The issue I had, I was able to resolve myself and have decided to keep it. I have about 1200 rounds through it now and it is still going strong.

Enjoy.

5. TopcatFL

TopcatFL Member

Apr 18, 2017
    They are made of unobtanium so...

6. Crow

Crow Member

Oct 13, 2019
    Hey there, FourMore,
    to answer your question, at least from my perspective:
    I've owned a SU16CA for a while now, and put about 1200+ rounds through it. Zero malfunctions, good accuracy with the iron sights, and lots of fun. It eats any ammo I feed it, from Federal green tip stuff to all sorts of handloads, 50gr Varmint Grenades to 70gr TSX copper stuff. It's light, folds up small, and it stays clean because of the piston gas system. The silly bipod forend is... well, silly, but still useful in a pinch. Finally, it's unique, and I like weird cool stuff.

Sure. It's no AR-15 or AK, and if I had to bug out fast in a violent situation I'd reach for either of those rifles first. But when it comes to ease of carry on a relaxing afternoon plinking with my kids or dad out on the ranch, a Kel Tec SU16 is the perfect choice. Others' mileage seems to have varied a bit with the quality control, but I've had zero issues and the SU16 will always have a fond place in my heart and safe.