Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I shoot the Sub-2000 left-handed. I don't get hit with any spent cases; however, I do get crap blown into my right cheek and the right side of my forehead when shoot the gun. Shot a carbine match yesterday with the Sub-2000, and really didn't notice it. Guess I was too focused on the targets and trying to go fast. But it is very noticeable when I'm just casually shooting the gun. I wear shooting glasses whenever I shoot any gun. I would NOT shoot the Sub-2000 left-handed without glasses on. Overall, the gun is shootable for a lefty. But you will likely get some crap impacting the right side of your face. I can put up with that because the gun is so unique and fun to shoot.

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
As a lefty I haven't noticed anything in the way of debris or gases to the face shooting leftie from the bench. I also have had no issues with he mag release either (no accidental releases). However I do use a Hogue handall grip sleeve which just barely covers one corner of the back side of the catch. This may provide a minor amount of resistance against accidently pushing the release.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shot one today & it was not lefty friendly in my situation/opinion. I will be leaving mine in the box until selling it at the next Lakeland FL. collectors show. I already have a dedicated Glock mag 11.5 inch AR pistol with a KAK Shockwave pistol stabilizer and don't have gas crud or brass hitting me. I really like the KelTec concept but it just not doable for my needs. Thanks for the replies and maybe a KelTec shotgun is in my future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Only shot a couple hundred rounds of 9mm through mine so far. Haven't really noticed any flack in the face yet but I also wear glasses full time and I enjoy shooting mine and will keep it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As I mounted my micro red dot 45* offset, I end up with crud on my right side chest, have subconsciously noted being hit by empties a few times. A deflector was mentioned earlier in the thread, anyone have a link?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.