hey guys new keltec'r here

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by supmatch, Jan 27, 2008.

1. supmatch

supmatch New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    i live in melbourne florida which is about a half hour drive from cocoa, i bought my 380 put about 40 rounds through it and it jammed on the last 2 bullets every time i reloaded it to 6+1 config then i noticed the grip basically ballooned out on the left side near the pin that holds the slide on. so i drove over to kel-tec said my gun is broke and they asked me what color grip i wanted and i got navy blue =P  and they got me a new grip and new pin and even polished my feed ramp and cleaned/deburred the whole gun. then they test fired 21 rounds thru it to make sure all was well and gave it back to me. it took from start to finish from me walking in the door at kel-tec to walking out with my new fixed gun approximately 16 minutes. i love kel tec, by the way i purchased, fired and had it fixed all in the same day lol its never had a problem since awesome little gun

[​IMG] ;)

[reason]to add [​IMG]

2. supmatch

supmatch New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    oh by the way i bought my kel tec 380 from bhgunrack.com, which is the main distributor of kel-tec in merritt island, kel tec doesnt ship them guns they are so close they make someone from b & h gun rack drive over and pick them up lol! anyway since they are direct from kel-tec 239 dollars and u can buy em all day at that price lol

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Supmatch,

Welcome!

4. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    How about the nickname "Bruiser?" You know, black and blue? ;D

I haven't seen a navy grip with a blued slide. That really looks sharp! I wonder if I called up KT it they would sell me a navy grip. I'll check their website and see if they are for sale.

5. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    how 'bout that for customer service! I have had more than my share of problems with my P3. Every time Kel-Tec makes it right. They've won me over with their customer service. Outstanding.

6. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome supmatch,
    Nice that you live so close to Kel-Tec. A bit too far for me to drive there, :D

wyo-man

7. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Welcome aboard!

Must be nice to live that close to KT.

Then again, AZ has open carry. :cool:

8. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Let's not overlook that KTOG service ... notice how TxCajun edited the post to add img tags for everyone to enjoy a gander at "Bruiser" without having to touch a clickety-pop! ;D

9. supmatch

supmatch New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    my grip was free ^_^ i believe if u send the gun in within like a month of purchase they will change out the grip for you might want to call em up to confirm

10. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    well found supmatch! wish i was that close to the factory. you're is fairly close in color to my little constant buddy, just got stuck paying a TAD bit more for mine.

anyhow - glad you've got her up and running again, now shoot it like you stole it!

11. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL

+1 to TX! All you guys have been helpful to me over the past few months. Another thank you.

12. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome to the group! That's a good looking gun you've got there and the belt clip is a nice touch.

And I wouldn't expect anything less from KT :cool:

13. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008

14. supmatch

supmatch New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    haha no i was like i wonder if it will stand on the finger extension and it is perfectly weighted so that it stands up fine lol and it doesnt tip over or anything its actually standing next to my computer speakers lol for that quick draw ;P