Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back in January I was considering putting a down payment on a PMR-30 at my LGS after learning that there was only one person ahead of me on the list. This shop moves a lot of shotguns, but I wouldn't consider it to be high on the list of "allocated" shops. They told me they'd seen one or two come through in past 6 to 9 months. They wanted $359, which I felt was high (not compared to the internet, of course) so I walked out. Well, I checked at another LGS who was charging the same amount and had 14 people ahead of me. So, about a week later, I went back, tail tucked between my legs and put down a deposit. That was Jan. 26. I told the guy to CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE when it came in -- NOT AT HOME so my WIFE DIDN'T CATCH WIND OF THIS. I knew he was going to screw it up. So, tonight I'm playing the old messages on the answering machine with my wife standing right next to me and there it was. A half muffled crusty old voice saying my order was in. It was from last Thursday! So, I play it again because I wasn't sure what I heard. Sure enough, THIS IS LGS, YOUR ORDER IS IN. I glance at the wife, she makes no comment, expression doesn't change, no eye roll. I must be about to buy her something expensive that I don't know about. I finish deleting the old messages. So, it's here. And in only 2 months. I might be able to get it tomorrow (unless the old guy gave it to someone else, which wouldn't surprise me since its been sitting there for six days already). Tons of people have probably handled it. Yuck. Probably dry fired it too. And cracked the slide. I'll update after I can find time to get over there. Stay tuned. By the way, I did manage to lay in a case of .22 WMR over the winter! :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
keep us posted on your impressions/thoughts...
enjoy!

ps. you'll be thru the case within 2 wks or 3 at the most if your VERY SLOW and don't give into the .22 mag addiction..

I have already started a local club for .22PMR addiction.. based on AA.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Picked It Up

They had set it aside in the back, so it was unmolested. Serial No. W5Vxx. Looks perfect. Very excited.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great price, I was at 349 a year ago, saw one today locally for 549, supply and demand, gotta love it or move to china.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just handled my first pmr30. I can't beleive how light they are. I am not sure if this was an older model or not, I thought the new ones came with a coating of some sort over the plastic grip.Also at $380 I didn't pick it up. any thought on this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just handled my first pmr30. I can't beleive how light they are. I am not sure if this was an older model or not, I thought the new ones came with a coating of some sort over the plastic grip.Also at $380 I didn't pick it up. any thought on this.
No idea about the coating. ASAIK, the new ones have a non-fluted barrel. Also, there is a production tracker thread on here somewhere so you should be able to get a sense of its age from that.

If you can put your hands on one, you should probably get it. $380, while still more than it should be, is a lot less than you'll get if for off G/B. Unless, of course, it doesn't really ring your bell. But, if that were the case, you probably wouldn't have posted.

I'm guessing if you go back to your LGS, it'll be gone. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There has not been an appearance in any of the LGS buy the PMR-30. I will snag the first one I run across I am sure.

Congrats on your new one

·
Registered
493 Posts
Why does he even have your home land-line number? :confused:

Haven't had a land-line in my house for 10 years now anyway, so I don't have that problem. However, you can further add to the OPSEC and download a "30 seconds of silence" ringtone for your LGS when they do call you. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts