Hensoldt Fero Z24 *FOUND*

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by IslandTimes, Dec 2, 2010.

1. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    So I recently picked up a PTR 91 (H&K G3/91 clone) and decided that I want to put one of the original scopes on her. I can find the scope mount and rings pretty cheap, but what I can't find is the 3rd gen scope, the Hensoldt Fero Z24 for a reasonable price. CTD used to carry them (as in last week), but they pulled the listing from their site.

So yeah, I'm looking for a Hensoldt Fero Z24.

2. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Re: WTB: Hensoldt Fero Z24

Much thanks to those of you who sent me PM's, found just what I was looking for! ;D

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    PLEASE post your endevours (in other guns).
    I have a 91, claw mount and ZF95 scope that i never got right.
    the Hensoldt Fero Z24 looks like a better arrangement

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    mine works like a champ. claw mount and all.

[​IMG]

5. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Very nice!

And I should be getting the scope in sometime tomorrow, with the intent of zeroing it in and hunting with it at the end of next week. Definitely intend on posting a range report.

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I have the H&K claw with 30mm rings and 1" inserts. this mount has the center of the rings exactly parallel to center of rifle bore.
    to use the ZF95's BDC turrents I need to angle the mounting, if not, I use all the elevation adjustment just to get POI at 100 yards.
    I have a set of off center rings made out of macarta I think were working when I gave up shooting it.

I was wondering is there any way to adjust the plungers in the H&K mount to angle the rings?
    However, if the Hensoldt scope/mount works as is, then that would be an alternitive
    Mind mentioning about how much it was?

7. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I actually ended up just getting a ZF Model One. The Fero Z24 looked to be found from about $450 to $600 from what members sent me and from a little research on my own, with those prices sometime including a mount and sometimes not. I picked the ZF Model One because it was very similar to the Fero Z24, but I could get the scope AND claw mount for $300 plus s&h.

Also, I think I read somewhere that these scopes for these guns are usually sighted in for 200 yards, so that may solve the elevation problem with your current scope.

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
  9. IslandTimes

IslandTimes New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Cheaper Than Dirt actually. And yeah, I'll be sure to post pics too!