Help With Posting Photos

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by powwowell, Aug 5, 2008.

1. powwowell

powwowell New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Thanks for the "Posting Photos on KTOG; A Primer" topic. I am unable to post photos though.

I have a Photobucket account. I have pictures in it. They are sized to 640x480 pixels. The instructions for copying and pasting the links to KTOG is not working for me. I am using a Mac with Safari browser. Could my problem be that Photobucket is not completely compatable with a Mac? Or Safari? Is there something in the instructions that I'm missing? Thanks for helpiing to bring my frustration level down.

Larry

2. powwowell

powwowell New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Mac was the problem

I have solved my problem. I moved to a laptop running Vista and I was able to post my first pictures. The pictures are of the Crimson Trace Laser with the "FREE" Galco holster. In the Accessories forum.

I hate Vista. Microsoft had a good system with XP. It was a better rival to Apple than Vista is. Did I say that I hated Visted.

Larry

3. Deuce3

Deuce3 New Member

May 6, 2008
    I have posted photos using my MacBook and Photobucket with no trouble at all. Just followed the instructions.
    Deuce

4. powwowell

powwowell New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    The Mac I used is an iBook running system 10.3.9. When I switched to a laptop running Vista, everything worked. I'm not ragging on Macs. I'm just relating the story. Maybe someone else will have the same problem? In fact, I promote Apple, when the opportunity presents itself. Since Apple switched to Intel processors, running the latest versions of System X, Macs are much more compatible in the Windows world.

Larry

5. Deuce3

Deuce3 New Member

May 6, 2008
    Larry:
    Didn't mean to imply you were ragging on Macs (although us Mac users tend to expect it  ;)).  Just wanted to let you know it worked OK with mine.  It may very well be the system, as I am running 10.4.11.  When I had my iBook, I sometimes had to use Firefox because sites would not work properly with Safari.
    Deuce