HELP WITH P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by vantoo, Sep 29, 2007.

1. vantoo

vantoo New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Went out for a little shooting today and had a great time. Took the little 380 out and pulled the trigger. 1st shot right on and then got a really big smilie. Un jammed the little fellow and pulled the trigger and snap. Trigger pulled but did not drop hammer. Racked the slide and snap with same results. Read on here some where about the pin behind the trigger and took a small screwdriver and pushed it bach up. Sthot fine for 50 or 60 rounds and packed up and went home. Now my question is, what is to stop this from happening if I need the little pocket pistol in an emergency. Kinda worries me. Can someone help me? Rick

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    In those post that talked about pushing the trigger pin back in, they should have also mentioned using lock tite to "glue" it in place.
    I don't have any experiance with that though

3. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    This doesn't happen overnight. It's a gradual process. If you check it after every rnge firing, you'll always be good to go.

Next time you see it coming out, clean it with alcohol and then use a toothpick to put a VERY tiny drop of Blue Loctite around the pin before you drive it back in. Let it dry overnight and all will be well.

You should always inspect the trigger pin on KT pistols after firing.

Packer.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  5. vantoo

vantoo New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    OK GUYS....THANKS FOR THE HELP.....