Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! I'm having a bit of a holster problem. Here's the deal. Due to a problem with surgical scars I've had to give up on pocket holsters, both front and back pocket, in pants pockets anyway. I've looked at waist belt type and in waist belt type. I like the in the waist belt style, but they are uncomfortable (at least the ones I've tried on). On the waist belt styles and in the waist belt styles are difficult for me to sit down in a vehicle with them on. I have developed a severe case of Dunlaps disease (my belly and waist have dun lapped over my belt, by a substantial amount), which contributes to the problem. I saw a design with a "paddle" on it. Has anyone here ever used one of these style holsters?
I am looking at a holster from K&D, Ron Graham, or possibly Mod Man (if he still manufactures them). I have even considered Ron Grahams Mufti style, but it might look out of place on a man my age, size, and weight. Any suggestions? This is probably a foolish question I guess, since holsters are such a personal preference. Well, wadda y'all think?

Gramps

·
Registered
394 Posts
From one big ole guy to another, it is hard to find anything comfortable other than pocket carry.
I have been using an inside the pants holster and it works fine but if I place the holster inside my pants it doesn't work well (unless I place it on my right hip closer to middle of the back.) Since I don't like carrying it that far back, I have been placing it between my belt and trousers and it works great at a 3 - 4 o'clock position.
I am big enough where getting my belt an inch or two bigger to allow this was not a problem.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Small of back?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
gramps, i now have the same issue. lots of scars (6) 3 horizintal and 3 vertical all the way around

so i sympathize here. when I find something i will let you know. I am waitng for a K&D order and will let you know how it works

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
This should work quite well especially while sitting...

A T-shirt with a belly band type holster worn up high (around rib cage height) on top of the T-shirt for comfort and over that a shirt with buttons or preferably snaps. Place the gun at about 9-10 o'clock.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've thought of the neck rigs, but I wear polo style shirts for comfort and to cover my protruding belly ;D;. I would have to pull up the shirt to get to the gun. Can you imagine all of the very pale skin covered blubber that would be exposed? Though my opponent would probably be blinded by the glare bouncing off my skin. ;D ;D ;D Just the view of my extending belly will probably scare them off. ;)
I have extensive scarring up both sides of my spine in back and a couple from my belly button to the top of my sternum. This pretty much eliminates belly band or chest band holsters.
I looked at the bandera "belt" holster. It is interesting, but exposes a bit too much of the firearm to view. A holster "hides" the gun more it seems. I know there is something out there for my particular use. I just have to find it.

Gramps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.