Help- What's a PM?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by oldsoul, May 31, 2005.

1. oldsoul

oldsoul New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    I know, I'm slow, but I do take kind direction. I'll get back to you guys as soon as I can. I can't find the crank hole in the computter.

Scott

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    PM is a Private Message.  I see someone sent you a PM regarding your gun.  

To read it, look up under the ad banner, just above where it still says:  News:  txCajun landslide.  It should say:  Hey, oldsoul, you have 1  Message.  Click on that to get to your message.

When you get to the message, you can: reply/send. etc.

To send a PM, find a member's name in a forum list, thread, in the member list, etc, and click on their name.  This takes you to their "profile", where "Send a Private Mesage" is an option.

Edited to add: Sometimes, folks don't notice when they have a PM. One option in your Profile is to elect to be notified by email when you recieve a PM.

3. oldsoul

oldsoul New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Thank you sir, one mare - what time zone is the BB in? I want to be fair with those that responded to my add. I was down for two days and am trying to list their responses in order.

Your doing a great job,

Scott

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Good question, regarding the Forum Time Zone. I'm not sure. However, if you go to "Profile" and scroll down to "Time Offset" You can view the "Forum Time" and then enter + or - some hours to make the forum time match your local time... At least you are SUPPOSED to be able to do that. Currently, it does NOT seem to be working well.

Regarding your problem about who contacted you first, I THINK they are all reported in "Forum TIME" so that you can just look at the given times on their messages and compare them straight up. If I am wrong (I don't think so), someone can correct me on that.