HELP!!! pulled the trigger with the slide off...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by fltection, Apr 25, 2010.

1. fltection

fltection New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    OK, so I was trying to lube the pistol properly- one instruction had me working the trigger with the slide off to "work" the oil into the trigger while doing this- CLICK and now the hammer is all the way forward...I feel like a real dumba$$, but NOW what do I do...

I PROMISE I will stop fiddling with this thing after this is fixed.... :'(

2. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Re: HELP!!! pulled the trigger with the slide off.

hi and welcome!  unless i'm missing something here, you should be able to just pull the hammer back with your thumb until it resets.  have you already tried that?

kb

3. fltection

fltection New Member

Apr 25, 2010

Yes- it won't move. I pulled the trigger all the way with the slide off, so it went forward "full force" with nothing to stop it- it is "stuck" all the way forward 90 degrees (if you can picture that...)

4. fltection

fltection New Member

Apr 25, 2010

FIXED!!! took a pencil through the magwell and used the eraser part to force the hammer back- took a surprising amount of force (and the extractor flew off, but no prob...) I am NOW BACKING AWAY FROM THE PISTOL and putting it to bed...maybe tomorrow I'll actually get to shoot it ;D

5. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009

Hi,

Goodnight and good luck with your shooting session. ;)

Best Wishes

PS: Locktite the extractor (...00ps ejector it was getting late....sorry) the next time you clean the P3AT.   Its no fun looking for on the floor... :-[

6. menocu

menocu New Member

Aug 31, 2006

That would be the ejector unless I'm misunderstanding the story?

7. fltection

fltection New Member

Apr 25, 2010

Yes- I think you are right- that little piece of plastic set on the aluminum frame...

8. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

psst... it's steel ;)

9. JB

JB Guest

That sounds odd. Back when I first got my P3AT, I pulled the trigger with the slide off a couple of times (I avoid doing that, now) but the hammer never went so far forward as to end up at 90 degrees and I was always able to just pull it back wth my thumb. Glad you got it straightened out, anyhow.