Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do so love my Kel-Tecs of which I have many but never enough (even an old P(F?)-40 pistol)
However I have a Problem and a Question...
I have a SU 16B Rifle.... I wish to attach a Sling Swivel Stud to the stock... I would like to use one of the existing threaded holes... Please can anyone advise me of the specifications (thread size) of the 20 (10 each side) Philips Head Screws (or threaded holes) used in the stock.... or a place this information could be obtained...
Thank y'all in advance....

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Looks like nobody knows.
Take screw out and match it up at a hardware store.
Or start a ticket at KT and and ask.
It will help to refer to the part number.
That's what id do.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.

The Screws in the Stock are 8-32 threads.

I took the center screw out of the butt stock and chased the threads with a 10-32 tap. Then you just screw in an Uncle Mikes Sling Swivel Stud which has a 10-32 thread. No need to drill out the existing hole just run the bigger tap thru it, it works just fine.

The front is a little different. If you want to retain your existing Bipod Fore End you can drill a 3/16" hole thru it in the desired place and use another UM Sling swivel stud with a nut on the inside. Just make sure you hole location doesn't interfere with something else before you drill it.

My gun has the KT M4 Fore End so I made a bushing to go into the pivot hole and threaded the UM Stud into it.

These guns work very well with side mounted slings and carry nicely either cross body or cross back. You can see by the pics this is a sanitary conversion and the gun hangs flat off the sling which is exactly what you want so it doesn't tire you out while carrying it.

Electronic instrument Trigger

Room

Revolver

Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Shooting sport

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.