Help...Older Gent Needs a Mag Loader!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by popcycle, Mar 10, 2008.

1. popcycle

popcycle New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    My 85 year old father-in-law...just bought a new 3at Parker and has problems loading  ammo.   He is going to buy extra mags and I will load for him...but there has to be a better way.   Is there a good mag loader with a lever that we could set him up with.   Thanks

2. rasj

rasj New Member

Jan 16, 2008

3. I have more than a few mag loaders... I get ribbed by some of my friends at times for using them, but I say why bust your thumb up when you don't have to?

I have one of the butler creek uplula loaders.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/NewsletterArchive.aspx?x=v&p=0&t=1&i=817

I love it...and they claim it will work on "some 380 mags"... so I will check it on the 3AT mags.

I may have some others at the house that might work....I will check and see ... if I find one (other than the uplula) that does... I will be glad to send it to him.

Can he shoot the gun ok?

If I don't send you a pm in a day or two ... yell a reminder at me!

4. rasj

rasj New Member

Jan 16, 2008
    We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news..

rasj doesn't know wtf he's talking about... video at 11:00

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled programming.

edited to remove my misinformed post. [smiley=engel017.gif]

5. You are wrong.   ;D

Can I do anything else for you sir?  

6. cj

cj New Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Another vote for the UPLULA. Great loader which requires gross motion to use well.

7. kaltectom

kaltectom New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    No disrespect intended but I think he should have got the .32. The .380 has quite a recoil. I am old....quite old...and in good shape. I have had my P3AT for quite a while....but I find that a lot of my friends just can't help but limp wristing. .....and they all remark that it is uncomfortable for them. If a person is not comfortable .....the BG wins.

8. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    You are wrong.   ;D

[/quote]
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Where's that quotes thread? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

9. rasj

rasj New Member

Jan 16, 2008
    You are wrong. ;D

[/quote]

Duly noted. Post edited. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Now that, my friends, is a man that can take a joke!  

And to your credit rasj.... what you posted about the loaders was not wrong.

I think you missed that I was willing to give the guy a loader I already had in my possesion, if it did indeed work on the 3AT mags.

The HKS Model 451 magloader I had at home (it is now on the way to our new 85 year old ex-officio KTOGER) will in fact load the 3AT mags.  I know that becuase I loaded a 3AT mag up 3 times with it last night.

So... bottom line... the old guy gets a mag loader, we all chuckled at your expense...you laughed with us,  and the most important thing.....

KTOG rocks on!

11. rasj

rasj New Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Hey I'll make another dumb post if someone will send ME a free mag loader too! [smiley=grin.gif]

j/k. When I originally read the post, I thought you posted a link for him to buy one. Now that I have re-read the thread, I understand mo' better. Thanks for sending him a mag loader. You rule for that, and that in turn makes KTOG rule!

So nobody pay any attention to the fat guy drooling in the corner. That'll just be me brushing up on my reading comprehension. [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]