Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
With the cost of the S&W, I would keep it and just try and find a P3 for around $225 or so. The P3 is not a pricey gun, and it can be had for a better price at a gun show. For just a straight up trade, I think you would be getting the lesser end. Not to say that I don't love my P3, but I also think the 642 is a very solid gun for many things and it comes at a higher price. Keep it and just buy a P3. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to agree with Logan. i've got both the P3AT and a 642 and i think if you did a trade you'd better be getting some cash back. as for me, i bought the P3AT and the thought of selling the 642 never even crossed my mind. it's a great pistol, keep it and buy the p3.

.............Jim

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Logan said:
[quote author=Rubb link=1198296150/0#3 date=1198304518]Hey amm3,

I see the sig line and IF it were me i'd trade/sell the bobcat.22/.25
for the 3AT.

Just a thought :)

Sounds like a good thought to me[/quote]

You are really cool online :D ;D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that I do have a Bobcat with the wooden handle, and trading it for the HC P3 is a great idea. I had for some reason never tought of it. I also have a P32 that I will never sell or trade.
I would keep all guns, but if I buy one outright the wife will want something of equal value. Some of you out there know how that goes.
Many thanks
Bob

G

·
amm3 said:
I'm going to a gun show and would like to trade a 642 almost new (50 rounds thru) for a new HC P3-at. Is this a resonable expectation?

Bob
wow, don't do it. I have a Smith 442 which is pre 642. I would not trade it for two kt 380. Go out and buy a new one, look hard enough, and u will find one for alittle over $220. That J frame Smith is just one heh of a great handgun IMO.
:-/ :-/

G

·
JimJ said:
I have to agree with Logan. i've got both the P3AT and a 642 and i think if you did a trade you'd better be getting some cash back. as for me, i bought the P3AT and the thought of selling the 642 never even crossed my mind. it's a great pistol, keep it and buy the p3.

.............Jim
lots of cash back IMO>

·
Registered
55 Posts
jocko said:
[quote author=JimJ link=1198296150/0#2 date=1198304361]I have to agree with Logan. i've got both the P3AT and a 642 and i think if you did a trade you'd better be getting some cash back. as for me, i bought the P3AT and the thought of selling the 642 never even crossed my mind. it's a great pistol, keep it and buy the p3.

.............Jim
lots of cash back IMO>
[/quote]

I'd say 100 dollars boot on the p3at is fair.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only way that is a $600 gun is if it has the laser with it. Other than that, it is a $400 gun brand new. $350 or so with that few of shots fired through it. P3 + $100 is probably pretty fair. I would still keep the 642 though and trade something else.

G

·
the NIB price and the USED price of a 642 is far more than a k.t. p-anything.......

try to sell a used 642 and a used k.t. 3at. see which one gives you closer to the NIB price....

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
JERRY-S. said:
try to sell a used 642 and a used k.t. 3at. see which one gives you closer to the NIB price....
On a percentage basis, my guess would be the used Kel-tec would fetch a price closer to NIB, or at least as good. New, they are inexpensive and it is hard to find a used one for much less than NIB.

G

·
yeah, i realized the % deal after i posted this, but dont let the % fool you.

would you rather have 75% of $400.00 or 90% of $300.00?, maybe not the best example...LOL

put it this way, if you offered me an even trade of a new LOCKED 642 and a new 3AT, id take the 3AT.

but a used NON-LOCKED 642 vs. a new 3AT, id take the used gun in a heartbeat.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Me too, assuming the condition was ample, but then I have a few KTs and no 642. Those revolvers have quite the following. They can be had for just under $400 NIB so a used one should fetch from $300-$350, which is surely more than a NIB P3AT, even a hard chrome model.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.