Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks you all- First off my compact handguards/forends were installed by a gunsmith (I'm disabled, a wheelchair shooter and the left side of my body works poorly...) one of the compact forenends came apart at the range last week which soured me on them. Much too hard to put back together. So I want to go back to original configuration on both. Can any of the kind and generous forum users give me a rundown on the procedure w/tip, suggestions and warnings? I would be quite indebted. Thank you

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Yeah, I don't have one. But have an interest in them. Therefore I've read many posts in the SU forum. I seem to remember it was a permanent modification having to cut the old one off.
Contact Keltec. See what they can do.

·
Registered
840 Posts

First question ill ask is do you still have the plastic piece still attached with the spring behind it? If so then yes you can go back to the original bi pod forend. You might need the c clip to hold the spring in place. Most people cut it off when installing the compact forend. Instructions are not the best. As you can see here it holds it tighter with it still in place.

So hopefully you still have that plastic peice still attached as this holds the bi pod forend closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.