Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My armalaser just arrived in the mail and I am excited to attach it. However, I CANNOT remove the front Frame Pin. I tried using an appropriate punch, then I tried using the armalaser replacement pin to tap it through. Yes, I'm going from left to right, but this thing is not moving.

Is there something that I"m missing? Does something else have to be removed for this to be tapped out?

It's frustrating because the frame pin already has dimples in it from the punch. Thanks for the quick replies... ???

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Re: HELP!  Frame pin

Don't use a pointed tool such as a punch. It will spread the pin and cause it to fit tighter.

Use a flat tipped tool such as a drift pin or a cut-off nail. Use something as close to the diameter of the frame pin as possible.

Place the down-side of the gun on a block of wood with a fairly large hole in it, and align the the pin over the hole. This will support the gun and at the same time give the pin a place to come out.

It will take a pretty good whack to get it started, but once it begins to move it will come out easily.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts

+1 Bobo. A pointed punch will cause all kinds of problems.

What you need is a 1/8" pin punch from Sears, or a hardware store.

And a solid support for the gun to keep it from moving with the hammer strikes. A small steel block works best, but even a heavy block of wood with a pin clearance hole drilled in it is better then holding it between your knees! ;D

One good whack with a 1/8" pin-punch and the gun well supported against moving should take it out.

rcmodel

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah, I have a 4x4 with diff size holes in it. Just needed to know if it was just stubborn or I was missing / needing to engage something. F*#ked it all to hell anyways, pin never did budge. Need a new polymer grip.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

I saw your other pics in the cracked grip thread.
So that's what happened.   :-/

·
Registered
30 Posts

I know things like this really pi** you off but, it can be fixed without too much expense.
You can order a new grip for a little less than $30. from KelTec.
Go to mouseguns.com and it has a video that shows how to remove and replace the grip.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.