Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called K-T Friday told parts that my mag. catch on my P-3AT was much lighter than my P32 mag. And that a frame pin had backed out of the 32.that got lost.Thay sent me 2 frame pins and a mag. catch spring and mag. catah no charge,WHAT SERVICE.Now I need help,I took it down like thay said ,changed the spring and put it back together and when I pull the trigger it has a lot of play all the way back then it brakes.I haven't tried live ammo just and old snap cap.What did I do wrong?? :-[

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
CHW111 said:
.What did I do wrong?? :-[
I don't know but when you figure it out let me know. That sounds exactly like what I did to Twin #1 when I tried to replace the trigger axis a few weeks ago. I removed and reinstalled the frame MANY times following the dissasembly intructions that were just printed and kept having the same issue you describe. I finally sent it to KT and it came back perfect.

-Scott

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is it possible to assemble it with the hammer block in the wrong position? I know it was a little tricky to get the hammer block where it needed to be while reassembling the frame to the grip. Just a thought.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took it apart again put it back same o sameo.The hammer block,does it have to be all the way forward? or part way? Ihave been trying to push it all the way.I also hold the hammer all the way forward,is this right or wrong? :-[

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Okay, you are giving us very vague info here. Can you describe exactly what is happening when you pull the trigger? Is the hammer moving back as it should?

I'm assuming that you did not REMOVE the hammer block. You need something very thin to push the hammer block forward all the way and hold it. then while pushing down on the frame, you slide out your thin metal piece.

Hammer must be forward when reconnecting hamer spring at bottom of grip.

Packer.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Lately there have been reports of a too-short pin on the trigger axis for the trigger bar to fit into. This sounds like the pin may not be engaging the trigger bar properly. (assuming that the "ell" on the back of the trigger bar has not broken.

Another possibility is the top hook of the hamer spring may be broken but still able to appear like it is all right.

The top of the trigger bar sticks up at the top right rear of the frame/grip. When you pull the trigger, do you see that moving back from start of pull to end?

Packer.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The trigger bar moves when you pull the trigger.If I hold my finger on the hammer and pull the trigger and let the hammer down when I pull it back I get one click.If I pull the hammer all the way back and hold it with my thum ane take a small screw driver and worke the hammer block forward I get two clicks.Don't know if this helps or not.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
So you are saying that the trigger pulls all the way back but the hammer does not fall?

Check the pin that holds the trigger in. It should protrude no more than 1/16 inch from below the trigger. If it sticks out more, then, using a 1/8 pin punch, drive it back in. Be careful not to split the trigger though. Don't hit it too hard.

That's a long shot though. Pull the frame. Check the ell on the trigger bar for any breakage., pull the hammer pin, look at the top loop of the hammer spring where it sits inside the hammer. It may well be broken.

Packer.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you pull the trigger back almost all the way you hit another stage then it will drop the hammer at the very end.The gun worked right ,the only thing was a week mag.catch spring witch I replaced.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright guys after taking it apart 5 times I finely got it through my  skull to put the trigger spring under the trigger bar not the slide rail. It works thanks to all that helped  me .You have a lot of knowledge on this site.Thanks alot. :-[  8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.