Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I had this going fine, and thought I'd look at the trigger bar. First time I ever took the frame out of the grip. Got it apart, and this spring comes out, with a round part. I don't know where they go, or how to put it back together. Help!!

I looked on youtube and found 1 fuzzy video.

THis is what I have :

These 2 pieces, I don't know where they go:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL I got it back together....

I posted this, then saw the message "pending mod approval", since I'm new, and then panic set in. So I just looked at the parts, with my reader glasses on, and a magnifying glass, and just looked at everything closely, and it went back together fine- the 2nd time. The first time, I had the hammer block backwards, and it was immediately evident how it was supposed to fit. I turned it around, and the rest went together as always. It works fine, too, I checked it. And the smoothed trigger bar did make a small difference.

But for just a few seconds there, I could just see, having to approach my wife, to get the funds to send the mess to KT to get them to put it together....... the shame......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been finishing a fluff n buff on the P32, and I think I have all the rough spots smoothed. It was extremely hard to rack the slide when I got it, and so the first thing I did was follow the FnB guide here. But I didn't do the barrel thoroughly enough, so I went back and really smoothed it out, everywhere, and the slide too, and now the slide racks with ease. The barrel was really rough on the outside, and I kept finding friction spots. Now the exterior of the barrel is polished, inside of the slide is smoothed, and chambering a round is a breeze.

The trigger I left alone for the most part. I found a rough spot on the bar and smoothed it a bit, but left the rest alone, I did put a light grease on the aluminum frame under the steel bars on each side (Mobil synthetic grease with WS2, tungsten disulfide, mixed in). The trigger seems smoother, though not any easier to pull (which is good, I don't want a light trigger in it).

I plan to get a couple more mags for it, and just enjoy some range time with it. I like the soft-shooting caliber, and I may get a .32 revolver to play with at the range too (327 Fed most likely, as it shoots all the .32 revolver cartridges).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts