Hello all, new KelTec owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Muddy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Muddy

Muddy New Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Hi everyone, my name is Marvin (Muddy). I just purchased a P3AT for deep concealed carry. I can't wait to shoot it. I just found this board so I figured I would sign up and say hi :)

2. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG. :)

3. Chuckles

Chuckles New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Welcome! You will find tons of usefull information on this site.

4. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    Welcome! Feel free to ask anything, anytime about your new P3AT, great expertise in this forum.

Post pics, and range reports too. I enjoy mine more everytime I shoot it.

5. george

george Guest

Welcome Muddy . KTOG is a great resource for technical help .

Geo. :)

6. Muddy

Muddy New Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Well, I actually do have a question. This is only my second handgun. My primary is a Smith and Wesson SW9VE that I love. I only get to target shoot once or twice a month. Is the KelTec the quality of gun that target shooting a couple of times a month will be OK? I mean do they hold up pretty well? I'm not talking marathon shoots either. We shoot so many different weapons that any given pistol will only have 50-100 rounds shot through it in an afternoon..

7. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome to KTOG Muddy!

KT states that the life of their P3AT is about 6000 rounds I think. While they are not meant to be range toys it is perfectly okay to put 50-100 rounds through them every couple of weeks or so just to maintain a high level of accuracy with the pistol. If anything breaks or malfunctions in any way KT will replace it at no cost to you up to and including the whole gun. Shoot with confidence!

8. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome..As others have said lots of good info here and also a lot of good people...

John

9. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Keep your range at 5 to 7 yards and you won't be disappointed. Longer range and it may be hard to hit p.o.a. My p3 at ten yards shoots low and right of p.o.a. Happy shooting and good luck. Tom :)

10. Muddy

Muddy New Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Thanks guys.

Well, I got the call from the sheriff's office today. My carry permit has been issued and is ready to pick up. That was only a three week wait, about half the time they told me. So I can go pick up my little KelTec this week and maybe squeez off a few rounds this weekend.

Plus this is going to make it way easier to transport my Smith and Wesson to the range without all the worry of making it visable.