Has CTD lost their minds

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rubb, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
  2. CONNAUGHT

CONNAUGHT New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Re: Have they lost their minds

I suppose it is no longer "cheaper than dirt"! More like silver or gold.

3. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009

I used to buy there 8 months or so ago when they were actually decent. Nowadays everyone is like that with the obama craze. There isnt one dealer that can say he isnt raising prices. When I bought my first AR I paid $700 out the door for a flattop. No you cant find one less than $1000. You go to a gun show and your looking over $1200. But as long as people are paying the prices they just keep going up till they hit a high point. Unfortunatly the high point is nowhere in sight. Especially right now for ammo.

4. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

For preservation's sake!

[​IMG]

5. rcb

rcb New Member

Jan 20, 2008

Well that's because they're cop killer bullets that can penetrate a bulletproof vest and tanks and water filled 55 gallon drums too!
    (sarcasm)

6. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

I have ordered quite a bit of stuff through ctd in the past and debated getting a membership. Sure glad I didn't. I don't even go to their website anymore and their magazines that come in the mail don't even get looked at.

One of the worst price gouging places yet.

7. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN

looks like they have gotten into the 380 high price ammo craze.

8. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005

Hope it's not a taste of what's to come.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Hopefully, that is mistake. It can't be real. :-/

10. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

Let's see ... how many boxes of .380 do I have to sell on GB to pay for a new AR? Hmmm ;D

11. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009

I never have cared for CTD and thought they were overpriced on most everything. This only reinforces my theory. ANd we though the gas companies were gouging. :eek:

12. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008

That is the only .380 they have in stock! If that price is right, it is blatant price gouging! I will never buy another thing from CTD again if that is the price they are charging! What a crock!

I'm going to email them.

[edit]Here is a copy of the email I sent to CTD.
    To Whom It May Concern:

On the following page of your website http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM3172-5.html, you have a box of 50 CCI Blazer ammunition in .380 caliber listed for the price of $59.97, per 50 round box! I hope this is a typographical error on your part. If this is indeed the price you are charging, then you are guilty of price gouging your customers. If this is the case, I will never purchase another item from your company. Furthermore, I will tell all of my friends who shop with you regularly, including two of the deacons i the church I pastor, what you are doing and will urge them to stop doing any business with your company altogether. As I stated above, I certainly hope this is a typo. If so, please change the listed price ASAP.

We are living in uncertain times. As such gun owners should stand together. This includes your company as well. If we do not stand together, we will fall together and again this means your company as well! How in the world can you justify a price of $59.97 for a box of 50 .380 rounds of ammunition? I trust you will rectify this situation by changing your listed price to a price that is much more reasonable.

Sincerely,
    Rev. David Johnson

I will update with a post on this thread when/if I receive a reply from CTD.[/edit]

13. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008

I understand your frustration since I own a P3AT & LCP, but it's not gouging; it's profiteering.

14. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007

i'm not sure why everyone is so upset. yeah, they are charging a premium, but if they sold them at the "right" price, i.e. $13 or whatever it cost a year ago, a handful of happy hoarders would have bought 10 packs each for 5 minutes and then they've been out again. just how would that have been better? now at least, if someone is completely out here is a place to get a box if one is willing to pay an arm and a leg.

and, no, i aint paying $60 for a box of non-re loadable practice ammo. i think we're in an ammo bubble and i have enough to get by anyway. but i'm glad we live in a free country where the market is allowed to set its own price. in my opinion, paying a lot beats standing in line every day of the week.

15. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006

You say you have enough to get by, so you know when this bubble is going to end then???? Does getting by include range time???

How long can this go on??? Long enough to put some ranges out of business I bet??

16. aax479mm

aax479mm New Member

Mar 28, 2009

you guys an't seen it yet they have gone up it's now 69.97 for blazer have they lost it.cheaperthan dirt my butt cheek .maybe the mean the dirt from mars not earth.

17. aax479mm

aax479mm New Member

Mar 28, 2009

it's gone up to 69.97 and all they ammo is gone thur the roof they have american egale 9mm 124 grains for 34.79 and all there ammo is frecking crazy. all the ammo that they have in stock, because they are out of just about everything so they have to make money on the stuff they do have.

18. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007

i dont think the bubble will last much longer, i really expect prices to come down within 3-6 months tops. of course, thats complete guesswork on my part, which is why i just shelled out $65 bucks on bullets. one thousand 100 grainers will last me a couple of years at current rate. if, God forbid, it turns out that the speculations that caused the shortage was warranted, i guess i'll stop using them for range practice and keep whatever is left for SD.

19. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009

I just e-mailed CTD as well voicing my concerns. If they can't prove the manufacturer is charging 3 times as much to supply than I'm through with them. That is unless local prices go permanently through the roof as well. I understand they need to make money but they should have made bank when all the ammo was bought up in the first place, not to mention high sales of hi-cap magazines etc.
    The scary part is that this could very well be more than a bubble.

20. aax479mm

aax479mm New Member

Mar 28, 2009

i just went on gunbroker.com and the ammo price's on there are going up too,still some are still good but most have gone up