Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a higher recoil impulse and increased slide velocity when firing Armscor ammunition in your PMR-30 (compared to Winchester or CCI V-Max)?

mbogo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All guns recoil, even .22LRs and .25ACPs.

I'm not saying it kicks like my 10mm or heavy-loaded .45 Colt. What I am referring to is an increased perceived recoil and slide velocity with a particular load relartive to others.

mbogo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All guns recoil, even .22LRs and .25ACPs.

I'm not saying it kicks like my 10mm or heavy-loaded .45 Colt. What I am referring to is an increased perceived recoil and slide velocity with a particular load relartive to others.

mbogo

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't notice a difference in recoil but some seem to cycle faster than others.
I'd say that loading up different ammo alternating every other one and observing the cycle time would give you a better idea.
Some ammunitions may cycle faster than others due to higher pressure (probably powder variations, etc). and watching the velocity data on the box of ammo would tell that.
Load 'em up and blind test them.....but have fun doing that and be sure to post the results here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well technically there are recoils rifles. So not all guns recoil.
http://giphy.com/gifs/rifle-recoil-u8V4vlJ4PMGyI
Stop digging. Recoilless rifles have vented breeches so the gases escape out the back of the perforated case. They've negated recoil by mitigating the surface against which the case thrusts backward.

Postal, it may just be the increased slide velocity I am seeing, but the rounds are lounder, too.

It isn't enough to worry about unless pieces start flying off the gun again. ;)

mbogo

·
Registered
375 Posts
Armscor isn't weak ammo compared to other stuff I shoot, but for me it's not very accurate.

if I just want to make noise & put on a show I break out the CCI TNT or +V, that stuff makes the biggest fireballs.

Burn rates of powder does have an effect on FELT recoil. in 7.62x39 Tula ammo seems to use a slower burning powder than others as it feels light but produces some of the fastest velocities.

For me I'm not buying any more Armscor once I've gone thru my brick, I was glad to find it when I first bought my PMR-30 but it's WAY less accurate than anything else I shoot, and leaves a lot of unburned powder in my gun which I think has caused several malfunctions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yet to shoot armscor.

I broke mine in with CCI A22 rounds...not sure what grain (apparently 35gr)...but, they had a good amount of pop to them, gave the gun a nice little shake. Once break in was over I purchased a bulk amount of Hornady Crit Def FTX 45gr. Different pitch of pop, and less shake. Heavier round, but a lighter shoot.

I think it has to do with the powder formula...the A22 is designed for Savage's rifle, while these Hornady's are designed for semi-auto handguns...or so they say. There are what...three semi-auto handguns that cycle 22 mag? Narrow market...but, whatever. (After re-reading the hornady listing it says "short barreled firearms" so I guess that includes revolvers and SBRs...broader market)

·
Registered
448 Posts
a higher recoil impulse and increased slide velocity when firing Armscor ammunition in your PMR-30 (compared to Winchester or CCI V-Max)?
I shot Armscor 40gr HPs and found the recoil to "feel" about the same as CCI v-max 30gr and Winchester Super X 40gr. The only ammo I have shot so far that actually feels like more recoil is Hornady v-max 30gr.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.